Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know Your Elves 2015 & 2016

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Thank you to everyone who's contributed to this in 2015, once again the response was fantastic!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So shall we go again? Who's interested in Know Your Elves 2016? If you're interested register here! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Loughc wrote: »
    So shall we go again? Who's interested in Know Your Elves 2016? If you're interested register here! :D

I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Yes please

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hufflepuff

me too please :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'm in, but can I suggest something? Perhaps the order that we do this in (who answers questions when) be randomised? I just think the last few years the regulars are signing up first, which means they answer far fewer questions because the forum gets much busier as the weeks go on and we get closer to Christmas.

I just think it might be a little bit fairer, but that's just my opinion, happy to go whenever.

So the provisional plan is to kick this off on Monday. And have the last week commencing on the 12th of December so we're not too close to Christmas. As I know how busy our elves get around Christmas.

That leaves 8 slots open. With 4 gone already that only leaves 4. If more want to join the list we may double up some weeks and have 2 or even 3 a week if needed.

I'm in, but can I suggest something? Perhaps the order that we do this in (who answers questions when) be randomised? I just think the last few years the regulars are signing up first, which means they answer far fewer questions because the forum gets much busier as the weeks go on and we get closer to Christmas.

I just think it might be a little bit fairer, but that's just my opinion, happy to go whenever.

Excellent idea! And any excuse to use the Festive Random Generator (TM)

I'll randomise the list on Sunday night and post up the results and dates on Sunday with a view to go live on Monday. (more exciting than this year's xfactor)

Loughc wrote: »
    So the provisional plan is to kick this off on Monday. And have the last week commencing on the 12th of December so we're not too close to Christmas. As I know how busy our elves get around Christmas.

That leaves 8 slots open. With 4 gone already that only leaves 4. If more want to join the list we may double up some weeks and have 2 or even 3 a week if needed.

OMG IT'S GETTING SO CLOSE TO CHRISTMAS!

And not a CHILD IN THE HOUSE WASHED!!!! :pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Not to bring in dissent b&c :pac:, but I think it actually works the other way round. I was the last person to answer questions last year (and I would consider myself a regular here) and there was very little interest because it had all been done to death in the preceding weeks.
    I'm up for doing it again btw, but if somebody hasn't had a go I am happy to forgo a place. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I'm happy to stick my name in the hat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I'll take a sub's spot if the places are not filled by newbies (anyone who only started posting after February like)

Yea it may be a good idea to allocate the spots first to people who didn't get a chance last year.

Any more takers for this we still have spaces left!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I'll throw my name in but as I did it last year, feel free to oust me if someone new wants a chance :)

Our excellent 8 Elves taking part this year will be,

Hollister11
    Kitten_k
    Hufflepuff
    Baby and crumble
    Mystery egg
    Miamee
    Jude13
    Alicat

Check back later when I will announce the order and dates for this year's know your elves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Omg this thread is back love it !! Baby and crumble I laughed so hard at your post ! Reminds me of my mam she used to say that all the time coming up to Christmas ! :pac:

I done last year and loved it and post fairly regularly through the year. I'm happy to sub of stuck but would love to see some new members get a go this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    I done last year and loved it and post fairly regularly through the year. I'm happy to sub of stuck but would love to see some new members get a go this year :)
    Me too. At this stage I don't think anyone needs to read again that I love stuffing and prefer coloured lights. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Me too. At this stage I don't think anyone needs to read again that I love stuffing and prefer coloured lights. :D

:pac: :pac: ah we're a very accommodating group toto I'm sure no would complain if you wanted to tell us again :)

As with the others I would be happy to drop my spot if a newbie needed it

• Advertisement

Hufflepuff - October 24th
    Miamee - October 31st
    Alicat - November 7th
    Mystery Egg - November 14th
    Baby and crumble - November 21st
    Jude 13 - November 28th
    Hollister11 - December 5th
    Kitten_K - December 12th

So there we have it. The list was randomised and the dates have been set. We are kicking off tomorrow with the fantastic Hufflepuff!

If your date doesn't suit or if you would like a swap let us know and I'm sure we can work it out here.

The random list order was done by a spin of the wheel curtesy of the below,

qnty7b.png

So excited!!! I was humming the home alone music to the dog this morning at 5:30 on our walk. It will be her first Christmas (with us) she has no idea whats going to happen

Yay!

I feel bad now though, if there's a newbie who needs a spot go on ahead. I just love doing this so much!! I'll be in a super Christmassy mood that week, it's after the Dublin Burlesque Festival that I go to every year and the end comes as I go to NYC for post Thanksgiving holiday madness so WOO!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Likewise if anyone would love to step in and have a go, my place is up for grabs. :)

Ditto, jaysus the Christmas spirit of giving is the making of this place

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Ooh a Halloween Christmas Q&A for me :pac:
    Excited to do this as I have moved back to my old apartment where all my lovely Christmas decorations are AND my bf has moved in with me so our first Christmas together - woohoo!

miamee wrote: »
    Ooh a Halloween Christmas Q&A for me :pac:
    Excited to do this as I have moved back to my old apartment where all my lovely Christmas decorations are AND my bf has moved in with me so our first Christmas together - woohoo!

Ah your first Christmas together they're the best ones!

Can you believe next week we're down to the last three Know Your Elves! Time is flying by, the remaining three are;

Jude 13 - November 28th
    Hollister11 - December 5th
    Kitten_K - December 12th

Advertisement