Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lingerie

Options
  • 13-05-2013 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone,
    I'm living in Dublin and looking to buy some lingerie -sophisticated, no costumes or anything like that- I'd preferably like to buy in store, but an Irish website would also be perfect!

Thanks for any help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

Ann Summers actually do nice things - like nice bras etc. Also Brown Thomas, Clearys Arnotts would be worth a shot.

• Site Banned Posts: 103 ✭✭newsunglasses

GOK WAN LOOK UP GOK WAN ON EBAY - ALL GORGEOUS UNDERWEAR!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Schnitzel Muncher

GOK WAN LOOK UP GOK WAN ON EBAY - ALL GORGEOUS UNDERWEAR!

It must be good if you felt the need to shout about it.

lol damn caps lock was stuck i just washed my keyboard and the rubber backs of the keys now sometimes get stuck..

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Tiamii

La senza was always my favourite it was a bit pricey but the quality Is amazing they closed the Dublin store but the online shop is very good if you know your measurements, other than that Ann summers has some nice pieces, although some tacky pieces too, if you wanted to go for the cheaper options you could try penneys or tk max

• Advertisement

Yeah i remember la senza they had some very nice lacey knickers,and amazing range of colours,the balaconette bras were gorgeous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

Depending on what you want to spend, Myla is my favourite brand. You can try on at Brown Thomas and they always have great sales on their website as long as you're not one of the more popular sizes. Real silk and lace- lovely stuff.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

+1 on Myla, beautiful lingerie.

Pricey, but Susan Hunter in the Westbury Mall has amazing stuff. V expensive though! http://susanhunter.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭shoos

I've had bad experiences with Ann Summers before. Gorgeous stuff but felt like I was wearing a cardboard box on my boobs.

Never thought to buy from La Senza online, I've missed them since they closed down.

TK Maxx sometimes have good quality bras for quite cheap. It can be hit and miss though so I'd recommend trying them on. But I got a really good one the other day that was €20 down to €10 but then at the till it was down to €4. Win :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Chloe29

I just bought a set from www.dollsanddreams.co.uk , based in Dublin . Remind me of La Senza quality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Chloe29

Oh no :-/ that's a pity but there must be some way around it..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

First two deliveries are free :

http://www.parcelmotel.com/

UK phone number :

http://www.goldfish.ie/91943/all/1/International-Numbers.aspx <
    2e50 per month

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Change is LIffey Valley do gorgeous underwear but their sizes are small so you would need to go in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Debenhams!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Oh okay, I find the Gorgeous range very cute and definitely fine for my age ...
    I didn't ask any of them for help though so I don't know what they are like

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

try change in either liffey valley, omni or the pavillion in swords. Great for the bigger bust. comfortable and sexy. cant ask for more

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

bluewolf wrote: »
    I didn't ask any of them for help though so I don't know what they are like
    This seems to be very variable between branches - I've had bad experiences in Henry St with their fitters, but the staff in Tallaght were a lot more helpful.

Bramora on Earlsfort Terrace is well worth a shot if you're D+ - they do a lot of Curvy Kate, Cleo and Freya sets which are incredibly cute. Brastop (online) tend to have quite a few good deals on these brands too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

Bramora on Earlsfort Terrace is well worth a shot if you're D+ - they do a lot of Curvy Kate, Cleo and Freya sets which are incredibly cute. Brastop (online) tend to have quite a few good deals on these brands too.

+1 for Bramora, I popped into the shop this evening to see what size I was. It turns out I have been wearing bras that were 2 sizes too big. Found the service very good and the lady very helpful.

Advertisement