Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Station in the Regional Hospital

Options
  • 30-12-2011 2:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know who runs the radio station in the Regional?
    I've only ever seen one man in the for a few minutes at a time.
    Is the licence being paid for by the HSE? It seems a waste of a good facility if its not broadcasting :(

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

chucken1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know who runs the radio station in the Regional?
    I've only ever seen one man in the for a few minutes at a time.
    Is the licence being paid for by the HSE? It seems a waste of a good facility if its not broadcasting :(

It broadcasts all day. The frequency is right next to Raidíó Na Gaeltachta, so it's hard to find unless you're in the hospital itself.

I know someone who listens to it at home after they got to like it over the course of a few weeks in the hospital last year! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Tango Alpha 51

Hospital radio is run by hse staff in their off time. Freq is 94.2fm for anyone interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

buzzman wrote: »
    Hospital radio is run by hse staff in their off time. Freq is 94.2fm for anyone interested.

:) Thats really good of them. Ive spent a lot of time wandering the halls there over the last few years and was just wondering.

Do they need help?? Or is it just for HSE staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

I imagine it would just be for HSE staff. You could ask to volunteer there, but I doubt they'd agree really.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭craoltoir

Like other hospital stations and community radio I would expect that volunteers do not have to be on the hospital staff. You could drop a note with the hospital reception with your contact details if you are interested in helping.

• Advertisement
Advertisement