Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Modric staying at Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Not true Johner he apparently told levy he wants to go, its a tactic to hike the price up.
    SSN dont even have quotes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

I'd almost prefer mountinho tbh he's as good as him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Spurs are apparently waiting on a new bid after Modric re-iterated he didn't want to stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭RichT

Alvaro Pereira has been left out of Porto's squad for tonights Super Cup against Barcelona........allegedly

The plot thickens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

mata will be wearing number 10 according to his twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

brmccfc wrote: »
    mata will be wearing number 10 according to his twitter

Is that a verified Twitter account?

Interesting to see if we are just going to move Yossito a different number or will he be sold, I suspect the latter.

yup. also been retweeted by chelsea youth

• Advertisement

yup. also been retweeted by chelsea youth

Yossi to leave as part of the Modric deal?? :D

gavredking wrote: »
    Yossi to leave as part of the Modric deal?? :D
    RT @YossiBenayoun15: Even though I don't know if I will stay or not I decided to give Mata the number 10-his http://favourite.for me its just a number-not my lucky 15

RT @YossiBenayoun15: Even though I don't know if I will stay or not I decided to give Mata the number 10-his http://favourite.for me its just a number-not my lucky 15

So Yossi has given upthe #10 jersey and #15 is Maloudas, and hes not sure if he'll stay. Hes off IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Bubs102

Modric for 30 million is too much when Sneijder's going to cost you 35. Not worth it for us. Also, getting rid of Malouda is an joke

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Is that a verified Twitter account?

Interesting to see if we are just going to move Yossito a different number or will he be sold, I suspect the latter.
    Its definitely his account as its been quoted on the Liverpool website recently :)

Bubs102 wrote: »
    Modric for 30 million is too much when Sneijder's going to cost you 35. Not worth it for us. Also, getting rid of Malouda is an joke

While Sneijder would cost a small bit more his wages at Inter are already reported as £135,000 so any potential deal would cost us more to get him on wages and transfer fee.

Getting rid of Malouda wouldnt be too damaging now we have Mata, Malouda has been a good player for us but if we got a few million for him and sold him outside of England I wouldnt mind too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Bubs102

25 goals in the last two seasons.

Also, we should know better. Mata's coming so we won't need Malouda is akin to saying Sheva/Torres is coming so we won't need Drogba or Anelka et all. He could flop

Bubs102 wrote: »
    25 goals in the last two seasons.

Also, we should know better. Mata's coming so we won't need Malouda is akin to saying Sheva/Torres is coming so we won't need Drogba or Anelka et all. He could flop

Mata wont flop.

To make space for the players we have to sell, we're more likely to get money for Malouda or Anelka then we are for Kalou.

Malouda was our top scorer in the EPL last year but was terrible in a fair few games, but that can be said about a lot of or players.

I dont think Malouda will egt too may games from wide left with Mata in the squad and if we sign Modric that will limit has games from CM too.

While Sneijder would cost a small bit more his wages at Inter are already reported as £135,000 so any potential deal would cost us more to get him on wages and transfer fee.

Getting rid of Malouda wouldnt be too damaging now we have Mata, Malouda has been a good player for us but if we got a few million for him and sold him outside of England I wouldnt mind too much.

AVB said yesterday he won't sold, more likely to be Nic IMO, though seeling Malouda could change if Perrera came.

Wouldn't Pereira be seen as a replacement for Zhirkov?
    Competition for Ashley Cole?

• Advertisement

But can also play in midfield, I reckon Mata will take over from Malouda.

Remind me what position did Zhirkov mostly play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

amiable wrote: »
    Remind me where did Zhirkov mostly play?

The reserves

smuckers wrote: »
    AVB said yesterday he won't sold, more likely to be Nic IMO, though seeling Malouda could change if Perrera came.

Well we have to ship at least 2 out IMO. Yossi and at least 1 forward, maybe 2. Id go for Malouda and Anelka, keep Kalou because hes younger but Anelka still has plenty to offer as well.

With Pereira its interesting, he can play high up the pitch so could operate from wide left, for Porto he was a LB and for Uruguay he plays as an attacking wing back further up the pitch.
    amiable wrote: »
    Wouldn't Pereira be seen as a replacement for Zhirkov?
    Competition for Ashley Cole?

He can play LB or LWB, be interesting to see if he was considered to play up top as part of a 3, he has the attacking mentality to be able to.

According to some reports on Twitter we are trying to do a deal as quickly as possible for Ganso.

Jack Wilshire on twitter has asked why Chelsea have bought Mata when you have Josh

Because they are 2 totally different players, for one thing Mata plays wide, Josh can't play wide.

Mata doesn't always play wide.

Very touchy today.

Been talking to papagormo?

• Advertisement

Mata and Josh aren't related to Chelsea?
    Strange, i thought they were

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement