Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munster v Leinster 7.30 Match Thread

• 30-11-2007 11:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭

Live on Setanta Sports 1 coverage at 7pm.

Munster: S Payne; K Lewis, R Tipoki, L Mafi, I Dowling; R O'Gara, capt, P Stringer; M Horan, J Flannery, J Hayes, D O'Callaghan, M O'Driscoll, D Ryan, D Wallace, D Leamy.
    Replacements: F Sheahan, T Buckley, A Foley, N Ronan, G Hurley, P Warwick, B Murphy.

Leinster: R Kearney; S Horgan, B O'Driscoll, capt, G D'Arcy, L Fitzgerald; F Contepomi, C Willis; O le Roux, B Jackman, S Wright, L Culle, M O'Kelly, S Keogh, S Jennings, J Heaslip.
    Replacements: B Blaney, C Healy, C Jowitt, K Gleeson, C Keane, J Sexton, G Brown.

Referee: Wayne Barnes (RFU).

Leinster by 10

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

wind and rain....munster by at least 10

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Bring a warm waterproof jacket and pants and you should be fine unless of course you have stand tix?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

My reasoning is:

ROG is a far far superior kicker of the ball in squally (or any ;)) conditions, thus Munster pack will have great field position for most of this game, i reckon.

if in remember correctly Musgrave Pk has drainage issues (unless they've be fixed in the mean time) meaning a slow field negating any pace advantage the leinster backs might have had...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

Munster by 15.

• Advertisement

Munster by 12. Good forwards who will get quick ball, good midfield so they can run it and they have a solid bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Br7anx

right down to the wire I reckon. I'd like to see Contepomi get some come-uppance (smug git). C'mon Munster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

If Munster win this I think they'll win it well by strangling the life out of the Leinster pack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Br7anx wrote: »
    right down to the wire I reckon. I'd like to see Contepomi get some come-uppance (smug git). C'mon Munster.
    Cop on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Strangely enough I'm thinking this one could end up a draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

It's the git bit I was talking about.

And given that you're a mod, shouldn't you be having this conversation with me via PM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Unfortunately I might have to agree with you. Although if Heaslip, Jennings and Keogh are on fire we may have a game on our hand!

I just hope we get a great match between two full strength rivals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭High&Low

Seeing as the its the Leinster forwards and the Munster backs playing well at the moment, I wouldn't be so sure of the conditions suiting Munster...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

I think we're going to have a cracking game, and its difficult to call. Munster having been on fire in their last two games against Dragons and Clermont, and with home advantage might just shade it. I wouldnt be overly confident though, Leinster have a good record against us in the ML, and quality throughout the team. Their forwards are playing well, and nothing needs to be said about those backs.

Predicition: Tentative 3 to 5 points win for Munster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

I have a tenner that Willis will go to the corner and cry his heart out at the incredibly slow and unclean ball as well as being targeted all night. Cant see Leinster winning this at all unless its from Phills boot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

cant wait to see how munsters import centres (soon to be wing) get on with bod and darce.
    contepomi o'gara will be interesting to,o'gara is a better out half but contepomi is 3 times the player,contepomi or o'gara for ireland ,no question imo

munster to win by 12:(

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Cant see lenister winning this either. Although wouldnt it be typical leinster to come out and have a massive game? Drico and darce running rings around tipoki and mafi, contepomi running through o gara (really hope for this one!) and heaslip keogh jennings getting on top of leamy wallace and ryan. A typical leinsters fans point of view eh?! Cant see it happening though. ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

wixfjord wrote: »
    Cant see lenister winning this either. Although wouldnt it be typical leinster to come out and have a massive game? Drico and darce running rings around tipoki and mafi, contepomi running through o gara (really hope for this one!) and heaslip keogh jennings getting on top of leamy wallace and ryan. A typical leinsters fans point of view eh?! Cant see it happening though. ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

tipoki is quite good,mafi doesnt look as good,there both super 14 rejects,bod and darce should have no problem with them,the pack is where the problem will be and ogara kicking touch every 10 seconds,jackmans lineouts are suspect to say the least,le roux better turn up today,he was **** against tolouse#

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Teg Veece

dc69 wrote:
    contepomi or o'gara for ireland ,no question imo

You can say that again. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

Damn. Only found out that the damn match is on Setanta 2 now! I'm starting to panic. I wonder will any of the boozers in Dublin 2 or Dublin 4 be showing it? Might try the 51 or Searsons. Sentanta basta**s.

Teg Veece wrote: »
    You can say that again. :rolleyes:
    no problem,contepomi is a better player than ogara:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I wonder will Tipoki remember this ?

Tipoki, obviously not the cleanest player in the game, has a pretty nasty record for cheap shots and off the ball incidents, adds a bit of spice to this already spicy game :)

(probably be a damp squid now)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

I've got my money on a munster win. I feel the game is at the right point for them momentum-wise. The first try could be very important tonight.

zabbo wrote: »
    I wonder will Tipoki remember this ?

Tipoki, obviously not the cleanest player in the game, has a pretty nasty record for cheap shots and off the ball incidents, adds a bit of spice to this already spicy game :)

(probably be a damp squid now)

thats brilliant find,hopefully he does it this match,although i dont think ive seen darcy that aggresive usually,tipoki probably wound him up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Feckin weather.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Is this going on, or cancelled/delayed because of the weather?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

its on, but that is shocking rain. not going to be a great game..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭High&Low

wow - not seen conditions like that for a while - wide open so far...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

could get messy this and not just with reference to the weather. considering the weather Munster have not changed their gameplan at all

weather has ruined what would have been a good game,odrisolls off now,****

i swear to god i hope that cillian willis is injured for the rest of the season he is ****e,chris keane is 100 times better,willis cannot even pass,

Drico off injured.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Jackz wrote: »
    Drico off injured.

well if Munster win theres the excuse why

another willis mistake,costs a try scoring oppertunity

yeah willis's step(s!) while passing is killing us.

bod has an ankle injury,will probably be out for the heineken cup matches

willis off,now we might get somewhere

• Advertisement

Listening on RTE MW. This is NOT in any way Leinster moaning but just thinking what an awfully biased commentator corcoran is. He may not be doing it consciuosly but its very noticeable. Game still in the balance tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

Is it still 3-3 or has there been more scorage?

Horgan try - converted

fitzgerald found himself in the middle of the pitch,made 30 yards,passed to horgan try!contepomi conversion mun3-lei10

dowling little prick,should have gotten a headbutt for his troubles

Allez Les Bleus!! Come on lads 10 points against edinburgh and were in business!

dc69 wrote: »
    dowling little prick,should have gotten a headbutt for his troubles

keep it civil.

I thought he had a good game tho he was very nigglely. Much better than i remember him.

Nice try from the set piece.

Still a bit bemused we won...especially with willis killing us at the base of rucks and BOD going off.

daveirl wrote: »

id say you got good odds on that lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Good raw game of rugby, I thought Leinster out-munstered Munster.

Good win :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

So lads is worth the watch or not?

• Advertisement
Advertisement