Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Sword 5- Is it gonna happen

Options
  • 10-06-2009 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭

Anyones opinion on this? Would be a shame if they stopped making them IMO

Even if the last one was a dissapointment, i still think they have some tricks up their sleeves

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,647 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

How many times can you break a sword before you finally switch over to a Mac-10?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

great i hope they ditch the 3d and go back to original 2d art style.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah and point and click please :D

I only enjoyed 1 and 2 and lost interest mid way through the 3rd :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

The last one was a terrible dissapointment! Didn't mind the style so much but it was embarrisingly easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah, 2D hand drawn artwork ftw for adventure games. 3D just doesn't suit them as well. Also, one of the 3D broken sword games had some infuriating timing-based hide-in-the-shadows type puzzles. None o that please :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,123 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I'd rather a sequel to BASS first (which is coming to the iPhone/iPod Touch btw).

BS5 could be on the Wii/DS (in 2D) if the sales of BS1 Director's Cut does well enough.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Stephen wrote: »
    ...3D just doesn't suit them as well....

The likes of Sam & Max and Grim Fandango prove that wrong. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Not a hope this will be 2D.

The last two 3D games weren't too bad to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I preferred Sam & Max in 2D tbh. Grim Fandango was good though, although I found many of the puzzles frustratingly difficult in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

oooo, i want it point and click. and i hope they bring back that irish guy from sleeping dragon, what was his name, eamon or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Chumpski

BS5? It might happen and i would get it but the direction they took in 4 put me off a bit.

They need to write a great script based on some interesting object/period in history or mythology and also the most important part - bring back the humour from 1 and 2! 3 and 4 were as dull as fu$k.

Replaying BS directors cut again recently brought back to me how bad the dialogue is in 3 and 4.

Theres not a chance they will go back to using the art style from 1 and 2. Publishers won't go near them if they mention the word 2D. I don't mind the game being a point and click 3D.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭veryangryman

I see theyve finally secured the cash for a new one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WUxENF1R6g

Great news. Will definitely be buying :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement