Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACS Skills Assestment

Options
  • 06-04-2015 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have been doing a lot of research on skilled migration to Aus. I just came across someting that had me a bit worried.... For an ACS assestment do I need to provide a letter from my current employer to state the nature of my employment? Working with the same company for 10 + years but I doubt they would be too happy to write a letter for me to gain sponsorship and obviously leave!

Also could someone tell me on a state sponsorship does the ACS assestment have this requirement?

We are looking at moving in 2017 / 2018 during the austrailian school summer break so we can get teh kids started in school at the start of a year there.

Is this a realistic time frame for PR? state sponsorship is going to be our fall back from a stand alone PR appliction as it is only for 4 years.

Thanks for replys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

You have to prove you meet criteria, which includes having experience in the skilled role you are applying for. They will need details of duties performed and confirmation of how long you have been employed there. I did it a few months ago and had to get references from last couple of jobs (plus current employer) to cover this. If you have been there 10+ years its hard to see how you would meet this criteria without a reference but I would ping an email to ACS, I am sure you are not the first person to have this concern.

The ACS skills assessment is same regardless of visa type, AFAIK.

2017/2018 is realistic as long as you meet criteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You aren't planning on going for nearly 3 years. I don't think your employer can be too mad at that kind of notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

ElKavo wrote: »
    H

Is this a realistic time frame for PR? state sponsorship is going to be our fall back from a stand alone PR appliction as it is only for 4 years.

Independent PR 189 and State Sponsorship 190 are both 5 year visas.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

Mellor wrote: »
    You aren't planning on going for nearly 3 years. I don't think your employer can be too mad at that kind of notice.

Its not that they will be mad per say, It would be more that they could replace me before my ideal departure date thus making it very difficult for me to save the funds required for relocation,

Is this still required for state sponsored visa?

Thanks

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Independent PR 189 and State Sponsorship 190 are both 5 year visas.

5 years is even better IMO. Thanks for heads up I thought it was 4...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Panda_Turtle

Can you get somebody you are reasonably friendly with, is more senior than you, but would likely keep mouth shut, to write the letter?

Can you get somebody you are reasonably friendly with, is more senior than you, but would likely keep mouth shut, to write the letter?

Unfortunately not, I am second to top in the company, I report directly to MD, I have mailed ACS also and ill wait and see what they suggest. On reading up more after my original post I thought that it was perhaps if I was working in Aus already. I'll just have to wait and see what ACS have to say.

Thanks

Anyone used a statutory declaration instead of an employer reference?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Its not that they will be mad per say, It would be more that they could replace me before my ideal departure date thus making it very difficult for me to save the funds required for relocation,

Legally, I very much doubt they could so that.
    If they fire you because you might decide to leave in 2 or 3 years, then its pretty clear case of unfair dismissal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Panda_Turtle

If they fire you because you might decide to leave in 2 or 3 years, then its pretty clear case of unfair dismissal.

Yeah but anybody can be managed out? They don't have to give that reason.

Depends on the nature of Elkavo's work, mightn't be an issue

• Advertisement

Hey Mellor,

It sure would, but unfortunately I will have to get a new job and not being able to get a reference from my previous employer of 10 + years or to have to go through the whole explanation process of why I had to take my previous employer to court because of unfair dismissal is not an Ideal Interview topic. I will give them fair notice when I have my Visa in place but until then I would rather not rock the boat as it where.

Ok So, I think I can go with a Statutory Declaration, I will need to get someone from the company on the same level as me to sign it (I'll have to go to accounts for this). Now where can I get it witnessed? Can a Garda do this? I presume that it would need an official stamp of some description.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

Ok So, I think I can go with a Statutory Declaration, I will need to get someone from the company on the same level as me to sign it (I'll have to go to accounts for this). Now where can I get it witnessed? Can a Garda do this? I presume that it would need an official stamp of some description.

You need a solicitor or a notary public to witness a statutory declaration.

ArseBurger wrote: »
    You need a solicitor or a notary public to witness a statutory declaration.

Cheers Arse burger, I think I have it all sorted. Spoke to a cross line manager who said she would be happy to provide the doc and found a notary just down the road who can witness. €14 for stamp. Also ACS came back to me and said it would have to be a colleague.

I was under the impression that it would have to be someone on my line I.E. if I'm in service dept it would have to be someone from service also. Seems as I head up that dept I had no one who could. Just If anyone else is in the same position a cross line manager who is at the same level as yourself will do.

Also the ACS result is valid for 24 months. So it is helpful in spreading the cost of your VISA over a bit of time.

Thanks all!

Also On all the points calculators I am getting 75 points in total for a 190 visa, Would this be a good score? I know the minimum is 60.

Advertisement