Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marty Morrissey - RTÉ Radio One

• 30-01-2015 4:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

I gotta say Marty Morrissey and some of the former Mooney Show crew have done a pretty good job and have probably managed to hold much of the Mooney Show's audience until they hand over to Ray D'Arcy's new afternoon show on RTÉ Radio One from 3:00pm next Monday 2nd Feb. Marty & Brenda could easily have just gone through the motions given that it was only a one month filler however; they deserve great praise for their efforts and enthusiasm with this slot especially given that they were always gonna be finishing up regardless of their efforts at the end of the month. I think Ray was bringing most (if not all) of his own radio crew to his new RTÉ Radio One afternoon show starting next week.

Marty was never the most photogenic presenter to appear in front of the TV cameras however; he is excellent and deserves a regular slot of his own on radio. He has no shortage of charisma and can deliver what is required if he is given the right slot and sufficient resources.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

await, i thint your right a good job done by him, but brenda is a burner!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,243 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Marty has done a great job on the 3 to 4.30pm shift :)

Anyone know if Brek will be on Ray's show, or will she be towed back to the shipyard? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

My thoughts are that his show concentrates on GAA matters/personalities just like Mooney gave gay issues more time than it deserved

Wagon Wheel!

:D:D

Marteh's Parteh is underway!

*beachball*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

If the choice was to give Marty a show or to pay a fortune on Ray D'Arcy, who has been giving out about RTE since the day he left, I would give the job to Marty ..... They have to get rid of Brenda Donnoghue though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

cupla-culchies.jpg

Anyone know if Brek will be on Ray's show

My question was answered :)

Byyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

From Marty's Party. Ever the modest man........

B8mkGgxIAAELPD_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

I caught the final minutes of Marty's last show today and I must say how impressed at how positive and upbeat he managed to sound. As he said his farewells and thanked his 'team', Marty was so chipper I thought he must have won the lotto or something. I miss him already.

I wish peeps would be nicer to Bren. She's a trooper. Herself and Marty M should do more radio together. IMHO. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭wupucus

A trooper ? that woman has destroyed more radio interviews by constantly displaying her ignorance across a wide range of topics- she should go with the other ejit mooney-and continue polishing his ego/shoes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

wupucus wrote: »
    A trooper ? that woman has destroyed more radio interviews by constantly displaying her ignorance across a wide range of topics- she should go with the other ejit mooney-and continue polishing his ego/shoes

They might get to fill the slot when Ray gets his 3 month holiday with the rest of the big wigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I'm assuming that Ray will have to keep his opinions to himself on this new show... both his populist opinions about politics and his opinions about RTE?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

He did a good job, they should think about giving him a show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

In fairness, most of his guests were good.I sometimes even listened to the WHOLE show.It is so much better not to have to listen to Jedward, crystal swing or Louis Walsh and co...

I know Mooneys standards were low, but this show was a big improvement.

The "play or pass" quiz seemed to disappear as quick as it started though.

Though I think the radio will be either switched off or changed channels at 3 from now on:p.......well except maybe on Monday:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Marty regularly fills in on the Sat morning farming show and he's excellent. I mean, I don't know anything about farming, and it's a fairly interesting show in any case, but he brings an extra dimension to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

I heard Marty one day last week saying "pump up the volume" I also heard him ask Chris de burgh if his father enjoyed his time serving in WW2.
    He was cringeworthy.
    The only reason radio 1 have so many listeners of because most of their audience haven't figured out how to turn the dial on their wireless since there was only one radio station in Ireland and the rest have such bad arthritis that they haven't the ability to turn the dial.

Advertisement