Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tattoo artist recommendations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I had heard of them alright, I'm not sure what it is, they are good tattoos but they seem very, cartoony or something? I just can't quite put my finger on it!

What exactly is the piece you want done?

Maybe have a look at Galway Bay

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭grind gremlin

Can anyone recommend a tattoo artist in Dublin for marvel comic tattoos?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

What exactly is the piece you want done?

Maybe have a look at Galway Bay

It's a pretty basic serotonin molecule tattoo, fairly simple I would say but still want it done well all the same! Cool, I'll check it out cheers.

Can anyone recommend a tattoo artist in Dublin for marvel comic tattoos?

Pawel in Skin City seems to like doing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Kris Barnas in Wildcat Stephen's Green is worth a look too. Done some sweet comic stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Anyone know of a tattoo artist in Dublin who would be an expert at various typeface/fonts?!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭phoenix833

I'm looking for a good recommendation for a place to get my first tattoo done. I've read through most of the thread and was very informative. What I'm looking to get done very simply Ogham writing.

Basically what I want is something more "edgy" as if it were carved into a stone rather than lines drawn with a ruler if that makes sense. Probably with some black and grey shading and possibly a 3d look to it too.

I've been very impressed with the work I've seen from Pawel in skin city but I don't know if his style would suit what I'm looking for?

Any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Hi guys. I'm wondering if anyone could recommend an artist in dublin (preferably city centre) for a half sleeve with something along the lines of vintage lacework with roses? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Just had a tattoo done today by Fran in Zulu Tattoo. He designed it after I gave him some reference photos and fonts for my text. The tattoo came out looking so much better than I expected. It's stunning! I'm delighted with the result. Fran is awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Who would any of you consider the best portrait tattoo artists in Europe (or the world if we're at it?)?

I was looking to get work done by Den Yakovlev but his far right militant leanings are putting me off.
    Meehow Kotarski seems up there as well.

• Advertisement

nm wrote: »
    Who would any of you consider the best portrait tattoo artists in Europe (or the world if we're at it?)?

I was looking to get work done by Den Yakovlev but his far right militant leanings are putting me off.
    Meehow Kotarski seems up there as well.

In Europe there is lots and lots and lots.

Remis in Ireland for me imo

Rich Pineda
    John Anderton
    Niki Norberg
    Dmitiriy Samohin
    Andy Engel
    AD Pancho
    Rob Richardson
    Carlox Tattoo
    Resat Gul
    Leigh Oldcorn
    Roman Abrego
    Niko Hurtado
    Domantas Parvainas

and a fcuk ton more :pac: check out the tattoo art project website or facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Hey all... I have an idea for a tattoo that's gonna go down the back of my leg. Its gonna be made up of some black ink and some watercolours/bright vivid colours.

I'm living in the middle east so have to travel anyway to get it done... I've tried to get in contact with Ondrash from the Czech Republic, but haven't had a response yet...

Does anyone know what his waiting list would be like and what the cost might be like... ? He's not easy to get to either as he's not in Prague...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Hey all... I have an idea for a tattoo that's gonna go down the back of my leg. Its gonna be made up of some black ink and some watercolours/bright vivid colours.

I'm living in the middle east so have to travel anyway to get it done... I've tried to get in contact with Ondrash from the Czech Republic, but haven't had a response yet...

Does anyone know what his waiting list would be like and what the cost might be like... ? He's not easy to get to either as he's not in Prague...

From what I've read it's 12 - 24 months, if you even get a reply. He seems to not have an assistant and must be getting tons and tons of emails a day.

nm wrote: »
    From what I've read it's 12 - 24 months, if you even get a reply. He seems to not have an assistant and must be getting tons and tons of emails a day.

I'll wait if it means getting something so unique... I've been procrastinating about this tattoo for years, so a while longer won't hurt... Just hope I can make contact with him....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hanapepe

My 18 year old daughter and I are traveling to Ireland in March and she would like to get her first tattoo while there. We are thinking that Dublin would be the best option, but we are open to whatever is recommended. She has a design in mind and it is nothing too intricate, but it is Celtic so she would like to have it done on our trip. Any recommendations on a shop and an artist? Thank you!

I just got on the waiting list to get an appointment to get a tattoo in 2-3 years... I don't actually have an appointment, just on the waiting list to get an appointment

• Registered Users Posts: 20,520 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Whos be the bst in Dublin for Sugar skull and day of the dead gypsie head ?
    or if there better out side of Dublin id go there as well

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Xander81

Pawel in Skin City seems to like doing them.

I would recommend Skin city too.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Darraghmh91.

Go to the ink factory it's on the queys on the south side of town heading up toward the workmans club .. It's a white building and there the main tattoo place in Ireland have some great artists there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

The ink factory is not the main tattoo place in ireland what a nonsense comment

• Advertisement

They are pretty big and have some of the best from all over Europe coming into them
    They use to own dublin ink

Why dont you give the person a hand insted of givin smart comments over here and you tell them where there daughter can get a tattoo

I recommend the ink factory they to super work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

It was a pretty nonsense comment to be fair, just because they have a lot of guest artist coming to them does not make them "the main tattoo place in Ireland" While they may be your personal favorite it is not the main place for tattooing! the country is currently awash with very talented artists across a wide range of styles and I dont think any shop could claim to be the main attraction for the whole country!!

Dublin has several highly recommendable tattoo shops: Colourworks, zulu, hydraulix, snakebite, skin city, Wildcat

If you are travelling around Ireland there are other shops that would be highly recommended also

JMD's body Art in Waterford

Utopian tattoo tribe in Kilkenny

Love/Hate tattoo in Cork

All Star Tattoo in Limerick

AWOL tattoo in Galway

Ok well I appolagise i didn't mean there the only place around that is the best in Ireland I just say there the main place as a lot of people go there between my friends and they do lovly work and get a lot of customers and are really makin a name for themself the past while

Snake bite are s good place too Iv heard great stuff about them .. Just tryna help the person is all I say them cause Iv seen there good and know she would be happy with there work

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Ok well I appolagise i didn't mean there the only place around that is the best in Ireland I just say there the main place as a lot of people go there between my friends and they do lovly work and get a lot of customers and are really makin a name for themself the past while

Snake bite are s good place too Iv heard great stuff about them .. Just tryna help the person is all I say them cause Iv seen there good and know she would be happy with there work

So...... It's the place most frequented by your friends, who are generally satisfied with the work...?

:D

endacl wrote: »
    So...... It's the place most frequented by your friends, who are generally satisfied with the work...?

:D

Yeah I find the work is great and never heard a bad word about there work .. I'd recommend them to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 7 BigDan1980

Hi. I'm looking for the best tattooist to do a full sleeve based on arsenal fc. Must be someone who does classy tattoos. Not looking for anything tacky. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Kris in Wildcat ink did an unbelievable american football themed tattoo awhile back, might be worth looking at his portfolio!

There's picture of the tattoo on the I'll show you my thread couple of pages back, it's post number 126, I didn't know how to link to it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7 BigDan1980

gregers85 wrote: »
    Kris in Wildcat ink did an unbelievable american football themed tattoo awhile back, might be worth looking at his portfolio!

There's picture of the tattoo on the I'll show you my thread couple of pages back, it's post number 126, I didn't know how to link to it lol

Hey , thanks I'm gonna check them out! Just found them online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Looking to get a peacock feather done pref. on wrist, in Dublin city.
    The more realistic the better.
    Who is my man/woman for the job?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Magenta wrote: »
    Looking to get a peacock feather done pref. on wrist, in Dublin city.
    The more realistic the better.
    Who is my man/woman for the job?
    Rachel at Wildcat would be a good choice.

Advertisement