Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC report same alarm event more then once

Options
  • 13-04-2014 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi All,
    This may be a silly question but...

I have a quantum 70 alarm with gsm get dialler thing. Everything works perfect on the system but I'd like to see if one setting could be changed. When a zone is triggered, for whatever reason the alarm will alert as expected. My question is, if the SAME zone is triggered a second time before I reset the alarm the system will not alert on the same zone for a second time.

Can that be changed? So if someone is banging on a back window and the alarm is going off I would have expected to get lots of messages as the window is being hit, however I currently only get one so I may just assume it's a bird who hit the window....

I have engineer code and manager access.

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Does it not say for example " alarm zone 2 back door, 3rd January 12:15" then " alarm BA confirm , 3rd January 12:15"

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you put the shock sensors and contacts into separate zones you would get that confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭nicnac

What does BA CONFIRM mean in the log after a shock sensor was triggered?
    Sequence is
    ENTRY DELAY
    ENTRY FAULT
    ALARM Z001 FRONT DOOR
    BA CONFIRM

External bell triggered?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Burglar Alarm confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭nicnac

KoolKid wrote: »
    Burglar Alarm confirm.
    Same zone for the third time this week. Shock sensor on the front door. I can only get it to trip if I give the door a tremendous thump.

• Advertisement
Advertisement