Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is she interested or is she not?

Options
  • 10-04-2014 6:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

I've been dating a girl for the past month and a half, on our third date she seen me snap chatting a girl I know and basically asked were there any girls on it that are interested in me, there was two and I had been texting them as well, so she deleted them on me, and has basically been going mad at me any time I she sees a notification of a snap show up on my phone from actual girls I'm just friends with, now on account of her deleting those girls, I got her to delete a guy that she was interested in, not sure why I did though.

Anyway that was a month ago when she deleted him and those girls, she's told me ever since that she really likes me and all, and that she doesn't want me to talk to other girls, however roll on today I seen that she's back talking to the guy she deleted and my friend spotted a profile belonging to her on a dating site, saying she had only been online on it.

So basically I'm confused as to why she says she likes me and as to why she refuses to let me talk to or text any girl, yet she's keeping it a secret that she's using a dating site?

Has anyone got an opinion and should I cut my losses and run, keeping in mind I find it hard to attract girls, and she's the first in a year apart from the two she got rid of?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

She sounds like she wants to have her cake and eat it too.
    Stringing you along and controlling you whilst doing whatever she likes herself.

A month and a half in and she has you deleting girls who are just friends? I would have a problem with that 3 years in.

You say that you find it hard to attract girls but this is not be kind of girl you should want to attract.

I'd leave and never come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

Id be walking now!
    Already double standards, she cant chat and flirt, but you cant
    Plus deleting ppl from your snapchat is a step too far too

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Littlegirllost

This girl sounds like she could be very controlling, I would cut my losses and go. If she is like this now she'll only get worse.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,994 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Thank God I'm not a teenager now.

We actually had to flirt in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

sydthebeat - that's hardly constructive advice. Please read our charter before posting in this forum again, posts such as your can and do result in warnings / infractions / bans.

Thanks
    Taltos

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

This girl is wrecking your head already. I would say cut your losses. You will attract others - you did in the past. I think being with a woman this controlling and sneaky is worse than being single.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭maria34

Your post was a bit all over the place. Do u use that snapchat to chat with all these girls still or you dont?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

The fact she deleted your contacts is enough to warrant a break up, never mind the other stuff like the dating site or her male friend.

Don't let any partner/person you're seeing dictate who you talk to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

So basically I'm confused as to why she says she likes me and as to why she refuses to let me talk to or text any girl, yet she's keeping it a secret that she's using a dating site?

You need to dump her controlling, duplicitous ass immediately. This is not normal carry on.

Also, maybe in future spend less time flirting online and actually putting some effort into meeting real girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

Don't chat with other people during dates... dating 101.
    It makes people jealous.
    Don't date jealous people.
    Lock your phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

She sounds like a headwrecker, I would run a mile OP.

Deleting your snapchat contacts, I'm assuming without your permission, is insane and shows a lack of respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

GenieOz is right she wants to have her cake and eat it.

You're dating less than 2 months and she's already trying to tell you who you can and can't talk to? Don't ever let anyone control who you talk to or hang with. Tell her to her face that her jealousy has to stop or you can't see her anymore. It's pathetic, childish, and reeks of insecurity.

Take control or she will walk all over you. It's the only way she will learn she can't pull that crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Dellnum

She is probably only amusing herself on the dating site and looking around. It doesn't mean because she was on line on it that she was responding to anyone on it. However, it is kind of annoying. Have a chat with her and ask her why she still has a profile up. It doesn't mean that she doesn't like you but it can halt the progress of the relationship if you have doubts like this. I would not jump to dumping her over this though. I feel it is best to have a chat with her about it and tell her how you feel. I am sure she would feel the same if you had a profile on one of these sites so you are not being unreasonable asking her to delete it if she wants the relationship to continue. The internet can be a curse at times.

Advertisement