Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I don't understand the over reaction by some pool supporters, he bit a fellow player before and got a 7 game ban, he obviously didn't learn his lesson and did it again so they gave him a 10 game ban and hopefully he won't do it again now. It's probably the only bit of logic the FA have ever applied to any ruling they've made.

I thought a 9 game ban would be spot on what he should get.

I don't think the club should appeal, he could potentially get a 15 game ban and be out for the first 12 competitive games next season which would force Liverpool to sell, but other clubs will realise this and the lowball offers will flood in.

The club should take the ban and start planning for next season and decide if it will be with or without Suarez in the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

If you can show me a player who has a history of racial abuse and multiple instances of biting a fellow-pro then fair enough. But Suarez is quite the pioneer.

If all you've got are scummy tackles to compare these extraordinary offences to when scummy tackles exist up and down football from top to bottom then there's no debate. Not like Suarez isn't guilty of some horror tackles of his own is it?

So only repeat offences of certain offences should be taken in to account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I dont like Fair City but I dont go into the Fair City thread mentioning how much I dont like Fair City or making fun of its actors.
    Knex. wrote: »
    I am indeed, and discussing the issues is fine. But coming in just to point out your hate of a team whom 90% of the thread occupants support is a different issue.

I was asked to tell of my opinion of Liverpool so I obliged
    kfallon wrote: »
    Do Newcastle even have their own thread?

Yes we do.
    Knex. wrote: »
    Yeah, it consists of about 30 pages of "PARDEW OUT" comments.

Incorrect.
    kfallon wrote: »
    Each post is from That_Guy :P

Incorrect.
    amiable wrote: »
    It's not a two way thing though. Newcastle are too insignificant for most Liverpool fans to hate.

*slow clap*

5starpool wrote: »
    We are playing them at the weekend. Bad timing for that comment imo.

Not necessarily.

I stated in the Newcastle thread (yes we have one) that we'll more than likely lose given the nature of our performances this season and that Sturridge will want to give a really good showing to be Liverpool's main man from here on out.

Barring a crazy sending off and Enrique going in goal I don't see any joy coming our way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

If you can show me a player who has a history of racial abuse and multiple instances of biting a fellow-pro then fair enough. But Suarez is quite the pioneer.

If all you've got are scummy tackles to compare these extraordinary offences to when scummy tackles exist up and down football from top to bottom then there's no debate. Not like Suarez isn't guilty of some horror tackles of his own is it?

Not sure if your post is one of the funniest posts or one of the dumbest post I have ever read on here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

That_Guy wrote: »
    I was asked to tell of my opinion of Liverpool so I obliged

Either way, you should love us considering we gave you 35 million for Andy Carroll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Looks like that is what is being put forward. Like I said already it is either one of the funniest or dumbest posts I have ever read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

What a load of ****ing bollox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

its clear to see luis is a marked man in england, any future incident on the pitch even if 100 % accidental will be deemed a crime and he will be carded, red/yellow for damm all.. opponents will play on it and get him booked, sent off.

we cant pretend ref's aren't influenced by reputation.

so it will only cost lfc more points ,goals in future.. which is when you gotta say ,its time to say goodbye, as good as he is, he's tarnished in england, and will never get a fair crack of the whip now, not ever.

a terrible loss for lfc.

ten games is not befitting the crime.. if he took a chunk outa his arm then id understand and support the outrage..

but the fake outrage going on is as over the top as the punishment handed down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭mosstin

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Yep. Me too.

To be honest, with our manager being out of his depth & the club showing no signs of advancement he should probably be looking for a way out anyway....add in the crusade against him combined with his seeming inability to stop doing stupid stuff, he'll probably think, "**** this, lets get out of here!"

Thing is that this is a goldfish bowl all of his own making.

• Advertisement

Either way, you should love us considering we gave you 35 million for Andy Carroll.

In hindsight yes. At the time it was crazy. But when you spend that money on the likes of Gabriel Obertan it makes me a sad panda.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Net spend

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I don't like Liverpool.

My horrible secret is out.

Happy?

Rhetorical question. Thanks for sharing it here though.
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    This would only worry me if Suarez was a komodo dragon

You still playing Far Cry 3? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

event wrote: »
    Please say it wasnt you that made that.

Nope.

Not sure what you're objecting to.

Are you actually suggesting that biting someone is worse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

That seems to be solid FA logic anyway by all accounts. Just don't ever define what those certain offences should be and you're golden.

One good thing about this whole affair is that it's firming up candidates for my ignore list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭event

Gbear wrote: »
    Nope.

Not sure what you're objecting to.

Are you actually suggesting that biting someone is worse?

Im suggesting someone made a poster like that, as if excusing Suarez.
    Not saying any offence is worse than the other, but none should be excused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

F.A will probably give us United, City, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal in our first 5 fixtures next season. All away from home.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

hefferboi wrote: »
    F.A will probably give us United, City, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal in our first 5 fixtures next season. All away from home.

I predict an international tin-foil shortage by the weekend.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    You still playing Far Cry 3? :pac:

"What the hell is that hissing sound?"
    "AHHH! Get off my ****ing leg"

Bastards :mad:

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Rhetorical question. Thanks for sharing it here though.

My pleasure.

event wrote: »
    Im suggesting someone made a poster like that, as if excusing Suarez.
    Not saying any offence is worse than the other, but none should be excused.

Not only can people not understand "condone" but also "excuse".

Saying murder isn't as bad as genocide doesn't mean that murder is fine.

I don't understand why people keep failing in basic reading comprehension.:confused:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Gbear wrote: »
    Not only can people not understand "condone" but also "excuse".

Saying murder isn't as bad as genocide doesn't mean that murder is fine.

I don't understand why people keep failing in basic reading comprehension.:confused:

Much the same concept that just because other offences were punished leniently doesn't make the punishment for this one harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Ryu Hayabusa

If Suarez is to be sold during the summer

how much would he be valued at?

Who would you like to replace him?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Players are warned about their future conduct all the time. Any 3 game ban carries a warning as to their future conduct. Collect 5 bookings it results in a warning as to the players future conduct. The FA smelt blood and a cause as well as a suitable villain and took their usual route which included them saying a 3 match ban is clearly insufficient before allowing a 3 man 'independent commission' to make their judgement on it.

I'm not sure how much he'd be worth. Racism/biting aside he's been amazing this season.

Sturridge and Borini cost a fair bit so is there any real need to bring someone in? Maybe a change of tactics perhaps to accommodate them both. Thought Borini looked better playing in the centre than when he was asked to play in a wider role before he got injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

The bolded sentence in this is actually just comical.

I'll not lie, when I read it originally last night I actually presumed it was a joke :(
    5starpool wrote: »
    The FA smelt blood and a cause as well as a suitable villain and took their usual route which included them saying a 3 match ban is clearly insufficient before allowing a 3 man 'independent commission' to make their judgement on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭klose

Only bayern will be in for him imo and after going for gotze straight away for 37 mill i think we could well get 50 for suarez. However, i dont want him to be sold for any amount but i dont blame the man at the this stage, hell be driven out by the fa and not the club as much as im sure hed like to stay here longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I'm not sure how much he'd be worth. Racism/biting aside he's been amazing this season.

Sturridge and Borini cost a fair bit so is there any real need to bring someone in? Maybe a change of tactics perhaps to accommodate them both. Thought Borini looked better playing in the centre than when he was asked to play in a wider role before he got injured.

Sell Suarez and don't replace him, now I know you're on the wind up.

• Advertisement

Sell Suarez and don't replace him, now I know you're on the wind up.

There's still Andy Carroll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I predict an international tin-foil shortage by the weekend.

I wasn't being sarcastic at all.

*I was, and still am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Can this be appealed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Boggles!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

2ebtxko.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Slow day at the ChâteauNouveau thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Such a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Liverpool have a nice loophole here, with Joey Barton as a proper precedence.

Barton went on loan to France to try to get around his suspension, but he wasn't allowed to play in France either.

Liverpool should send Suarez on loan to an Irish side for the summer, let him serve his suspension here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Liverpool should send Suarez on loan to an Irish side for the summer, let him serve his suspension here.

could Shels do with him?

Liverpool have a nice loophole here, with Joey Barton as a proper precedence.

Barton went on loan to France to try to get around his suspension, but he wasn't allowed to play in France either.

lol, I'd love if that were possible. Is it not the case that the French FA decided to honour the FA suspension, but that if Barton came back to England he would still have to serve the 12 games ban?

SlickRic wrote: »
    could Shels do with him?

lol no, we already get enough red cards as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

pepe got a ten game ban for this ...very similar incidents

http://gerrard8fanpage.lockerdome.com/articles/107366166

Anyhow, I'm done talking about it, for now at least. I'm only going to drive myself insane otherwise.

barone wrote: »

I think he did something like push him, kick him and then on his way off the pitch he called the ref's mother a whore.

By the Barton logic he should've got about 9 concurrent red cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Barnes made the point well, if Liverpool are forced to sell him because of his behaviour, how does that make any club who buys him look? Anyway the club has said they wont sell him, and I don't think they'll entertain it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

It's done, get over it, move on.

That's outrageous.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Slow day at the ChâteauNouveau thread.

It's always a slow day. There's only so much bitching and moaning about your team you can do so I came in here and... oh.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

lol no, we already get enough red cards as it is.

He has never been sent of for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Holy Sh`t !

Dub13 wrote: »
    He has never been sent of for us.

cool, but why would we want another player who's going to be suspended?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement