Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

New Crystaltimes double dome sapphire and an Obris Morgan iso style rubber strap.

MGJ7AdZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,768 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Toying with the idea of keeping this now
    Too many watches and not enough days of the week

448552.jpeg

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kilo1000

HDMI wrote: »
    New Crystaltimes double dome sapphire and an Obris Morgan iso style rubber strap.

Looks great.

Picked up a Polerouter Date a few weeks back. Needed a service but all good now. Had been a couple of years admiring these from afar and have not been disappointed.

2gvkkrq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭saccades

Unexpected bonus from work whose corporate colour is day glow green so thought I'd try a cheap dry run of a marmite watch.

IMG_20180417_073825667.jpg

• Advertisement

Oh and this for an up rev of a skx009

IMG_20180418_202257830.jpg

Dark blue Stargate dial.

IMG_20180418_202349210.jpg

Somewhere there is a srp PADI second hand and a CT blue AR sapphire on the way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

saccades wrote: »
    Unexpected bonus from work whose corporate colour is day glow green so thought I'd try a cheap dry run of a marmite watch.

Is it the same size as the SBBN015?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Kilo1000 wrote: »
    Picked up a Polerouter Date a few weeks back. Needed a service but all good now. Had been a couple of years admiring these from afar and have not been disappointed.

Looks great, like you been admiring for years and definitely want one at some stage.

Is it the same size as the SBBN015?

It's identical. I have the OEM dial and hands to add if I want from another mod, dial feet are wrong for the NH36 movement though. Lugs are the same.

If you didn't properly know a tuna you'd think it was genuine. Way too close to a rip off for me to be comfortable with, tis only the fisher price looking dial that lets me wear it. Close up you can see some of the cost cutting but it's better than a skx007.

Also has ceramic bezel insert and sapphire... Oh and accuracy report too from timeographer (sp). Keeping really good time since Saturday so far.

Will put the bracelet on this weekend (thought I had paid for an upgrade to bracelet for a tenner, got a bracelet as well as a decent soft strap).

I might get OEM hands but probably not, it's a cheap, easy way to try a tuna but it is a direct copy and not a homage. Savage value though.

It's identical. I have the OEM dial and hands to add if I want from another mod, dial feet are wrong for the NH36 movement though. Lugs are the same.

If you didn't properly know a tuna you'd think it was genuine. Way too close to a rip off for me to be comfortable with, tis only the fisher price looking dial that lets me wear it. Close up you can see some of the cost cutting but it's better than a skx007.

Also has ceramic bezel insert and sapphire... Oh and accuracy report too from timeographer (sp). Keeping really good time since Saturday so far.

Will put the bracelet on this weekend (thought I had paid for an upgrade to bracelet for a tenner, got a bracelet as well as a decent soft strap).

I might get OEM hands but probably not, it's a cheap, easy way to try a tuna but it is a direct copy and not a homage. Savage value though.

Very honest opinion and one of the reasons I held off buying. I have seen one that had the original tuna dial and hands fitted, but really wants the point? An original dial will cost close to 100 add the hands and the price of the sharkey and your not too far off the cost of a preowned original.

But the green is kinda cool and might be enough to make me forget it's a tuna knock off.

• Advertisement

Zagato wrote: »
    Looks great, like you been admiring for years and definitely want one at some stage.

I decided it was better to grab one now as prices have only been going up. Was waiting for a decent example to come along, especially one with a bit of patina to it and with original crystal etc. Always a risk buying a watch you've never seen in the metal, but it worked out thankfully. Good luck in your future search.

I had the tuna a few years ago, but sold it on as I found it to be just too small for my wrist. I have a Padi turtle now and it wears larger.
    But I love the Tuna look, so I'm always have a eye out for something similar, but bigger...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Toying with the idea of keeping this now
    Too many watches and not enough days of the week
    SNIP
    Thats a lovely watch

I had the tuna a few years ago, but sold it on as I found it to be just too small for my wrist. I have a Padi turtle now and it wears larger.
    But I love the Tuna look, so I'm always have a eye out for something similar, but bigger...

Crikey - it wears bigger than the turtle for me, might be the rubber strap as that's not holding the watch as close to the wrist as a bracelet. Sounds like you might like a Seiko Frankenmonster if you want a large shrouded watch.

Crikey - it wears bigger than the turtle for me, might be the rubber strap as that's not holding the watch as close to the wrist as a bracelet. Sounds like you might like a Seiko Frankenmonster if you want a large shrouded watch.

I have an Aqualung, and it wears bigger than the tuna for me.
    U8wus31h.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Homer

New house and all that comes with that has hampered my watch purchases for the last 18 months or so but hoping to pick up a couple of nice pieces this year.

Current state of the collection as it stands this morning as I picked up the watch box. Left to right.. Seiko BFK, Steinhart Legacy Diver (gnomon limited edition), Seiko 7002 GMT mod, Tag Monaco, Breitling Emergency, Stowa marine original.
    Oh and a handful of G-Shocks!

534184_B4_27_B1_476_E_859_D_E7790_DB6_AB4_E.jpg

42463_ED1_1_BE7_478_E_8_BC4_1_F485_BE0909_F.jpg
    how to deactivate

A2066_FFB_8105_419_F_919_A_D79815967_BE7.jpg
    how to deactivate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭emo72

Could wibbs or Carlton Browne look at this for me? Any idea what it is?

448741.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ljr

pic won't load, tried imgur, photobucket and one other. surely you just put the link in the IMG box. help.

448738.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33 jlav1

Wannabe speedy! Some day.....

448739.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

emo72 wrote: »
    I really doubt it's a Rolex. Might be, they did di a few "dress watches", but none I can recall that looked like that. The "Rolex" and "shock resisting" looks added later. The hands are wrong too. Does it have a steel coloured back or is it gold coloured. real gold watches almost always have gold backs.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭emo72

Wibbs wrote: »
    I really doubt it's a Rolex. Might be, they did di a few "dress watches", but none I can recall that looked like that. The "Rolex" and "shock resisting" looks added later. The hands are wrong too. Does it have a steel coloured back or is it gold coloured. real gold watches almost always have gold backs.

Ouch. That would hurt the lad that owns it. It is gold. Will have a better look at it over the weekend. No serial numbers that I could find. I'll update. Thanks for the help as usual wibbs!

emo72 wrote: »

*Image SNIP*

Tbf it has some v strong similarities to a 1940's oyster royal, 4498.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Tbf it has some v strong similarities to a 1940's oyster royal, 4498.
    I'm not really seeing it S. For a start it doesn't;t have anything like an Oyster crown going on. The case shape is wrong too. Now, god knows I am likely wrong, especially given my "expertise" on Rolex is limited to some of the Subs and the early Bubblebacks.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TimeShare

That is - on the available evidence - a gold Rolex dress watch c1950s. I have one similar but not identical (with box, papers and original sale receipt). It will possibly have a case by Dennison rather than a Rolex branded one because of gold import duties at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 jlav1

My bad! Beautiful piece. ljr

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Latest addition. Beautiful watch.

449372.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thelizardking1

IMG_20180427_21564972dd588bf162ff15.jpg

This one arrived last night through Parcel Motel.

Cracking watch and I am shocked how wearable it is for me considering it's only 40mm

Smiths Everest PRS-25

(Late night photo)

mZ2xIhF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

449690.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

Another Hamilton, but my first.  Nice watch, a textile strap but it's leather on the underside so is comfortable on the arm.  It's described as a blue face but at best it's a very dark blue, to my eye it is more green.  Second hand is noticeable more "clunky" in its movement compared to my other watches. Obviously its nothing like a quartz, but it isn't a totally smooth movement by a long way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement