Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swansea Vs Liverpool 25.11.12 KO 1:30pm (Sky Sports 1)

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

Did cole touch the ball since he came on ?

Yep, he laid on a gilt edged chance for Agger who made a balls of it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

So poor. Clean sheet at least and one measly point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Probably did enough to win it, the Suarez sterling break should have resulted in a goal, missing that clinical finishing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Not good enough at all. The start to this season has just been horrendous.

Suarez is carrying the club, he had a good game today but can't be expected to score all the goals.

Muck.

Rodgers seems to be more worried about not losing a game rather than going out taking a chance and winning.

Are you serious? Takes off a LB and a CM for two AMs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Poor game.

Gerrard needs a rest.
    Sterling needs a rest.
    Enrique is really picking up in form.
    GlenJo is almost better at LB these days.
    Shelvey needs some starts.
    Downing needs to be nowhere near the first team.
    Pepe looked very confident (and brave) again.
    We're really toothless sometimes.

Not too many positives bar it being a clean sheet I suppose.
    :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,507 ✭✭✭✭noodler

PRAF wrote: »
    Are you serious? Takes off a LB and a CM for two AMs.

Well lets be honest.

He took of Downing and then Enrique went left back. Whats more is he brought on Cole so the net effect of the substitution left us more ineffective than we had previously been.

Shelvey for Henderson was more of a no-brainer.

Unbeaten in 8, averaging 1.75 ppg during that spell

Another clean sheet, and the best Reina display I've seen in ages

More top class stuff from Suarez

It's not all bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Quite enjoyed that for a no score game. Fairly evenly matched, draw fair result. I'd imagine both managers are happy enough

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Disappointing performance. Suarez, as with all our poor performances this season, was isolated on his own for much of the game. Sterling was particularly disappointing as he constantly gave the ball away.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

niallo27 wrote: »
    Probably did enough to win it, the Suarez sterling break should have resulted in a goal, missing that clinical finishing.

Sterling off the bar, borderline offside goal disallowed, Johnson misses with 2 free headers, agger doesn't reach what looked like an easy chance, agger should have had a peno, that's apart from the couple of Suarez shots and and Shelveys that were decent efforts. Plenty of chances there to finish the game off easily, not good enough.

copacetic wrote: »
    Sterling off the bar, borderline offside goal disallowed, Johnson misses with 2 free headers, agger doesn't reach what looked like an easy chance, agger should have had a peno, that's apart from the couple of Suarez shots and and Shelveys that were decent efforts. Plenty of chances there to finish the game off easily, not good enough.

Swansea had a few chances as well but were let down by poor finishing themselves, it is frustrating but liverpool did do enough I think to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

niallo27 wrote: »

Swansea had a few chances as well but were let down by poor finishing themselves, it is frustrating but liverpool did do enough I think to win.
    Obviously not seems they didn't win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Sky and their nonsense banging on about possession and passing :rolleyes:
    Both teams were sloppy as f**k with their passing.
    Fair result in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Muck.

Rodgers seems to be more worried about not losing a game rather than going out taking a chance and winning.

I was terrified that we were going to lose it in the last 10 mins. I am delighted that our defensive frailties seem to have been addressed and that we got another clean sheet. I would have liked the win but sometimes a draw isn't the end of the world. Swansea are a capable team and we were playing away at the end of the day.

• Advertisement

Obviously not seems they didn't win.

That's why it was frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

PRAF wrote: »
    Unbeaten in 8, averaging 1.75 ppg during that spell

Another clean sheet, and the best Reina display I've seen in ages

More top class stuff from Suarez

It's not all bad!

I'd go along with this. Surprised to see so many expressing such disappointment at today. What exactly are you expecting from us in this moment? We were away to a good Swansea team (and for the most part - we were the better team today) who have a good home record.....and who recently drew with Chelsea, beat Newcastle away and only lost 1-0 to Man City away!

These were the fixtures we were losing last season. I still fully expect us to finish this season with about 8 - 12 more points than last season.

I think Sterling should have come off with 10-15 left, for Suso. Sterling just seemed to run out of ideas, and Suso could have provided that little bit extra to unlock Suarez.

Granted I would have loved the 3 points, I'm content with that performance. Teams better than us will go to Swansea and struggle this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

I think some people are being harsh on our overall performance. Alright we weren't as threatening in the 2nd half other than last few minutes compared to the 1st half. But I think we looked more purposeful in our play more so than alot of the muck we we've seen before.. getting there slowly but surely and it's good to see some assurances in defence again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Disappointing not to get the 3 points but I wouldn't say we really deserved it.

Was Suso on the bench? As I can't believe he didn't come on for Sterling.

On poor performances, I thought Gerrard was poor and attacking wise I think that's the worst I've seen Johnson play. He was a bit of a headless chicken really.

The best thing about the day was that was the best performance Reina has had in a long time imo which is very welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Disappointing performance. Suarez, as with all our poor performances this season, was isolated on his own for much of the game. Sterling was particularly disappointing as he constantly gave the ball away.

Sterling was excellent.

He tired towards the end and Rodgers should've taken him off.
    cambo2008 wrote: »
    Sky and their nonsense banging on about possession and passing :rolleyes:
    Both teams were sloppy as f**k with their passing.
    Fair result in the end.

Both teams had over 85% passing accuracy according to the Liverpool website.

I think the bad passes stood out because for the most part passing was immaculate.
    The places in which bad passes occurred was a bit more worrying. Allen and Gerrard lost the ball in their own half a couple of times and we could've easily conceded as a result.

Not a great result but better teams will do worse against Swansea.
    Not a great performance either but it was a tough game and we did have quite a few chances (Sterling off crossbar, Enrique an inch offside, Agger incorrectly called offside when cushioning it down and that could've easily led to a goal).

Swansea are a good team.

Btw, why the **** did Liverpool let them get Pablo Hernandez for so little?

• Advertisement

The passing where it actually meant something was terrible.
    It's all well and good tapping it about when there's no pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭mada999

noodler wrote: »
    Johnson should be shot for his second half performance. Attacking-wise anyway.

This is so depressing. We can't take advantage of any fcuking slip-ups. If it isn't Wigan at home then the chances of an actual win are non-existant.

think Swansea were set up in the second half to keep Johnson pushed back imo and it worked

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I could only watch the 1st half yesterday and I have to say I was surprised to hear that it finished 0-0. There were chances for both teams and a very open game.

I thought we played well enough, if not spectacular, in the first half. How were we in the 2nd half?

A draw away to Swansea isn't the worst result in the world. It's the home draws that annoy me more. However it is a bit disappointing. Thought we had enough to win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,784 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

To me, that match showed that we really are one quality finisher away from having a very good team. We had the chances yesterday, but to be honest, I was never confident watching the likes of Sterling and Johnson take them on. Having said all that, the performance was actually good. Other than Downing being complete muck (he did not look comfortable at left back and misplaced the ball far too many times) and some moments of madness from Gerrard (that fckin' backheel), I thought the players were doing the right thing and working hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,901 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

To me, that match showed that we really are one quality finisher away from having a very good team.

Steady on, there's much more than that needed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Xavi6 wrote: »

True, one quality striker and a mars bar for each member of the team. Should get us going nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

slightly off-topic, but Downing got a bonus point in fantasy football. Mind-boggling, his performance yesterday was one of the most blatantly bad performances i've ever seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

And Enrique got none. I'm pretty sure they don't watch the games.

Xavi6 wrote: »

There is much more needed. To be a consistently top 4 team, you need 22 really good players. You need a very strong first XI, very good backups for every position and intense competition for places (especially for the strikers). We are a long way short of that and none of that is Rodgers fault.

However, it is amazing what a free scoring striker will do. A fox in the box will paper over those cracks and could be worth 5 or 10 extra points between January and May. It'll take another three transfer windows before Rodgers can really call that team his own. However, getting the right guy in January will be a huge step for the team.

Onwards and upwards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

MR NINE wrote: »
    slightly off-topic, but Downing got a bonus point in fantasy football. Mind-boggling, his performance yesterday was one of the most blatantly bad performances i've ever seen

That happened because of his lenght of time on the pitch and the fact we didn't conceed . Thats how FF seems to work . :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

That happened because of his lenght of time on the pitch and the fact we didn't conceed . Thats how FF seems to work . :rolleyes:
    How do you explain Yaya Toures 3 bonus points?
    Looked to me to be the worst City player on the pitch yesterday.

How do you explain Yaya Toures 3 bonus points?
    Looked to me to be the worst City player on the pitch yesterday.

I really couldn't tell you because I fell asleep watching that game . FF really don't have a clue how to rate players at all . How downing got points yesterday is beyond me !

I really couldn't tell you because I fell asleep watching that game . FF really don't have a clue how to rate players at all . How downing got points yesterday is beyond me !
    I know yea :)
    It's probably one lad watching match of the day with a pen and paper in hand :D

I know yea :)
    It's probably one lad watching match of the day with a pen and paper in hand :D

Nah I'd say its more a case of some lad watching out for the results and thats it ;)

Advertisement