Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Germany

Options
  • 30-09-2015 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Strongly considering making the move to here, perhaps in the new year. Have been looking at intensive German courses to complete in the likes of GLS, Goethe, Eurasia etc - which are all solely in Berlin bar Goethe with places scattered throughout the country. I've just graduated from UCC and am 22. Never learnt German before, but am set on going here. Ideally I guess i'd like to complete an intensive course, and then get a job? Or combine the two together. Not really sure what would work.

I have been keen to give Berlin a shot, but I'm aware that unemployment remains quite high and could prove difficult to get a job there - Though they have an excellent start up culture there and my degree is in BIS which may help in getting a job!

If not Berlin, where else in Germany would be a good place to establish myself? I would be going alone, so would been keen to get to know others out there. I wouldn't want an English speaking community to result in me speaking English constantly making no effort to get to grips with the lingo, but I don't want to be out there with no social life for ages either!

Anyone any advise on this?

Comments

Advertisement