Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blanchardstown to Citywest in peak morning traffic

• 25-01-2015 1:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Starting a position in the Citywest business campus from the start of February. Expecting traffic to be manic so just looking for some feedback on best route.

Right now my assumption is that passing through Lucan in the morning is completely out as it's always ridiculously blocked and slow.

I'm prepared to pay the toll on the M50 if needs be, so is this my best option? M50 at Blanch onto M4 to city west? Or does anyone know of any faster (or more reliable / cheaper) routes to take?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,929 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

brainiac wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Starting a position in the Citywest business campus from the start of February. Expecting traffic to be manic so just looking for some feedback on best route.

Right now my assumption is that passing through Lucan in the morning is completely out as it's always ridiculously blocked and slow.

I'm prepared to pay the toll on the M50 if needs be, so is this my best option? M50 at Blanch onto M4 to city west? Or does anyone know of any faster (or more reliable / cheaper) routes to take?

I'd say M50 alright but its the N7 exit you'll want to take.

Problem is that that stretch between Blanch and the Red Cow is probably the busiest part of it and most prone to accidents due to traffic volumes and the number of exits/merges over a short distance, plus there'll be a lot of traffic heading onto the N7 from both sides of the M50 as well. The toll charges will add up too.

You'll want to be on the M50 by 7 I'd say. No idea how long it'll take you to get home I'm afraid as you'll have the same thing in the evenings. I'd suggest taking a few trial runs over the next week and see how you get on.

Is moving closer an option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭R1_Pete

brainiac wrote: »
    Hey folks,

I live in Blanch and commute to Citywest. Have done for ten years. The M50 is the best option and when it works it's worth the toll for the short journey time. With the new exit at Blanch and the Newlands cross bypass you can sail it in twenty five or thirty minutes on a good day. Most often the biggest delay is getting past blanch centre and onto the Navan road.

However lately volumes have increased and some mornings, particularly in bad weather the Navan road or M50 itself can be slow, but it might add 15/20 minutes unless it's a bad crash.

On occasion I go via Lucan, it's not a bad option but Laraghcon can be hit and miss. If going that route is allow min 40 minutes. Sometime I'll go that way and stop off for a coffee in Lucan village.

I also cycle it a fair bit. I can get from blanch to Citywest in 50 minutes and back in a little less most days though the Ongar to Lucan stretch can be dodgey in the dark mornings.

It's really about finding the time slot and route that works best for you. I'd say start with the M50 and allow yourself 45 minutes so your not under pressure and then adjust as you go.

During summer or school holidays the Lucan route is almost as quick as the schools are closed.

P

Advertisement