Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 Cooking Club Week 40: Stuffing Balls

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

So I’m home alone tonight and not in the slightest bit sleepy (insomniac). If I make them now am I best to freeze them for Christmas Day?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

So I’m home alone tonight and not in the slightest bit sleepy (insomniac). If I make them now am I best to freeze them for Christmas Day?

No, they should be fine in the fridge for a couple of days.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yeah they’ll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Prepped them last night to cook today. Has anyone tried airfrying them?

Edit: Yes you can. A fraction dryer maybe than the oven but yummy. Made them with pork and apple sausages this year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭.red.

I did another batch of these earlier and just popped them into the freezer for the big day.
    Also did some croquettes and froze them down too. So easy and much nicer than shop bought ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

It's Christmas eve, that means Stuffing balls in our household.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I’m mad to start the stuffing balls... am trying to make room in fridge for them.

Red velvet cupcakes and stuffing balls are all I’m interested in doing now.

Lisha wrote: »
    I’m mad to start the stuffing balls... am trying to make room in fridge for them.

Red velvet cupcakes and stuffing balls are all I’m interested in doing now.

Just make them but don’t make them into balls. Easier to put into fridge that way. You could make the balls tomorrow before you cook them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Love it Bazmo, you are like the Christmas gift that keeps on giving :)

Happy Christmas All!

Just finished another double batch of these and popped them into the freezer. I'll bag them later once they're frozen.

My tester one one ended up being my lunch, a big stuffing ball patty, into a brioche roll with some lettuce and ketchup and it was absolutely devine. Off out now for a walk to try and burn it off.

• Advertisement

Time for another batch of the famous BaZmO* stuffing balls.
    A few people who can't come for Christmas Dinner this year due to restrictions asked me to do them a little batch, hence the amount of them. I'll freeze them in the trays and bag them when solid.
    Thanks again Baz.

:)

I actually made a huge batch last night and put them in the freezer. One less task on the big day. Although I didn’t roll them into balls yet. Just put them straight into freezer bags and flattened out so they’ll freeze/defrost quickly.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    :)

I actually made a huge batch last night and put them in the freezer. One less task on the big day. Although I didn’t roll them into balls yet. Just put them straight into freezer bags and flattened out so they’ll freeze/defrost quickly.

I find them much handier premade as it's even less work on the day. I usually take them out the morning I want them and they defrost very quick. I've forgotten a few times and cooked them from frozen and they were perfect.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Big batch gone into the oven there. If they last till tomorrow night, I'll be suprised.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Oh.......I'm missing this.......always stuffed the turkey with sage and onion turkey. Are these balls as good as stuffed bird stuffing? If so, I will give it a go this year.

Just did my Christmas pudding mix this morning....it's soaking before steaming tomorrow in the pressure cooker.

Will get on to my croquette potatoes soon. Still early 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Just reviving this thread for anyone that wants to try them this Christmas, they're a family tradition in this house now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 riponhassan

A inspiring recipe that I am going to make at our restaurant. Everything is so nicely described that really helped.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Not long until we make these again.

It wouldn't be Christmas without BaZmOs balls on our table, probably our second favourite thing to eat on the day after the spiced beef.

They're in the freezer now, I'll bag them up once solid and defrost and cook on the day.

I saw something earlier about someone putting orange rind in the mix. Naturally I haven't done a test batch. What ya reckon, sound good?

• Advertisement

Too late. Its done. I probably should have chopped them up a little finer, but it worked out on the first one I tried. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th were also nice too. A little bit of sweet.

Advertisement