Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you need Irish to get into dit?

Options
  • 23-03-2014 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

Just a quick question for most the courses I see in DIT under the requirements it says I need a ordinary d3 in english OR irish, im pretty terrible at irish and am worried ill fail it for the leaving so do I need it to get into DIT?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

It would seem that way to me. If it's not the case, it's hopelessly ambiguous. I would send them an e-mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

It simply says on the sight I need to pass english OR irish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

You only need Irish for NUI universities eg UCD, Maynooth, Galway. You dont even need Irish for Trinity.

But OP I seriously doubt you will fail Irish. Im Dyslexic (had no Irish exemption or spelling waiver), cant string two sentences together and didnt open a book once for Irish ever. And I still got a C3 in Ord. The trick is keep talking in your oral, just keep talking and you will pass

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

I don't need french either do I?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Badwulf wrote: »
    I don't need french either do I?

If it says English or Irish and another language, then yes. If there's nothing about it, then you don't need it at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement