Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in Ireland

Options
  • 23-07-2014 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I live in N Wales and I was looking at the irishjobs.ie job board yesterday.

There seemed quite a few good contracts on there and as I live on Anglesey I think it would be just as easy for me to get to Dublin as to Manchester or London etc.

Do you think Irish companies would employ someone on a contract from over here?

I have 15 years experience and have the following skills.

• Excellent web development skills utilising full OOP methodology with Asp.Net, C#, VB.Net, MVC 3 & 4, AJAX, Classic ASP, JavaScript, JQuery, VB Script, JSon, XML, CSS, HTML, HTML5, 3rd party controls (Obout) and Windows Services.
    • TDD utilising NUnit, MsTest.
    • Dependency Injection with Ninject and Structure Map.
    • Database Administration and Development using SQL Server 7/2000/2005/2008 including T-Sql, Triggers and Stored Procedures
    • SharePoint 2007, MOSS 2007.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

yup :) Should not be a problem i'd think. If you can identify some roles that interest you why not apply and see? You'll need to figure out the implications/benefits of working as a contractor in Ireland but a good accountant can help you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tbj_Wales

Wonder if there could be tax benefits! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Probably not. Tax is higher in Ireland than in the UK, you can't use dividends to achieve efficiency. Sterling is still weak however so rates can be good here.

Advertisement