Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adobe Writer

Options
  • 21-01-2011 10:53am

Hi All,

The company I work for asked me to put a document together to go to our clients. I am not overly techie, but I'm the most technically minded person here so it fell to me.

The document is tables and images providing information and was created in word 2007? format. I then used Adobe writer to .pdf it.

I've been making changes to the .pdf since switching it over. It's not easy to use and the document is now made up of hundreds of little boxes dividing the colours and txt. Moving or changing anything has required a lot of minute details work but I’m 99% of the way done.

Needless to say this has made editing a bit of a nightmare and if I dramatically change the Zoom it pushes some of the images out of synch. That said, the document is now more or less complete and ready to go.

What I want to know - is there any way I can lock the content and make it just a flat unajustable piece. The reason being is that I'm hoping different recipient’s won’t see the little adjustments if they chance size. Additionally, some users seem to have lines running through the document (1 out of 6 people had this so far).

Basically - if anyone has any quick and relatively straight forward tips or tools that I can use to make the document a little more robust I'd hugely appreciate it. This is an important information piece for our clients and I'd like it to represent us well.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Go back to the Word 2007 doc and remove or edit any block of colour that have any form of transparency, drop shadows etc. and make them solid colours.

MS transparency makes for really terrible PDFs.

Advertisement