Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying/Importing Sake?

Options
  • 23-01-2013 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hello! Quick question regarding the sake. Anyone know where you can buy it in Ireland?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I got some in the Asian Market on Drury Street.
    They also have a place in the Merrywell Business Park off the Naas Road.

Two types of Hakutsuru Sake. I found the brown bottle (milder taste) to be far more drinkable than the blue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭TAPA2012

Thank you! I was hoping for some gold label dry sake. Have you ever shipped a few crates to Ireland from Japan? I was thinking I might do this as I want about 15 bottles for a venue. Also looking for a medium to large sake barrell, I may have to ship that too...any suggestions? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I've split your question into a new thread TAPA2012 as I feel its deserving of its own one!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

The Celtic Whiskey Shop on dawson street sell a fair bit of sake (more than you'll normally find in an offo' anyway.). Japanese whiskey too.

Thank you,:) I will check it out! is it reasonably priced? I need a good few bottles for a venue and I am also looking for a medium to large sized sake barrel along with sake cups and jugs for the tables.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I dont even know how to prep the barrel properly....I think you soak it overnight in cold water....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

TAPA2012 wrote: »
    Thank you,:) I will check it out! is it reasonably priced? I need a good few bottles for a venue and I am also looking for a medium to large sized sake barrel along with sake cups and jugs for the tables.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I dont even know how to prep the barrel properly....I think you soak it overnight in cold water....:rolleyes:

your not talking about the New Year Sake Straw barrels which are offered at Shinto Shrines ?

shindig-jp wrote: »

your not talking about the New Year Sake Straw barrels which are offered at Shinto Shrines ?
    I thought they were wooden? Seen them at a conference before. I wonder where I could get one?

TAPA2012 wrote: »
    I thought they were wooden? Seen them at a conference before. I wonder where I could get one?

I think your best bet is have a word with Yoshio Miyachi in the peoples park on a Sundays , he is the owner of Murphy's Osaka and would have more knowledge about getting you a barrel .. I trust you are syndicated and have a budget to cover the cost .

May make a nice New Years Gift. Gekkeikan Tapped Sake Barrel (Josen Komo Kamuri)
    1.8 liter Glass Barrel wrapped.

can be had here http://www.japancentre.com/categories/sake?scl=staff_choice&srt=desc

£63.40 before shipping.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Oh that looks lovely!
    A tad pricey though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement