Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yoga mat

Options
  • 19-07-2014 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

Just started yoga and am looking to get a mat. I'm sure it's probably been asked before but can anyone recommend a good yoga mat, hoping to not spend over €50. Maybe a little over if necessary. Not really sure of any good stockists in Dublin either?

Thanks for help!

Oh, not really interested in a PVC one :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I got a jute one in TK Maxx last month, it was under €30 and so far its been great. It doesn't slip on our tiled floor at all and the grip for my hands and feet is quite good. I've felt them moving a little in poses where pressure on the hands/feet is higher. But not so much as to cause a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

the yoga studio on Ringsend road sells yoga mats!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

TK Maxx do good ones and as you are starting out I wouldn't recommend spending too much on a mat. Sports shops do some as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 catbradleyyoga

Hi, I recently started teaching Yoga in Mullingar, and needed to buy 10 mats, i bought them from Sean White fitness, I think he is in Louth, I found him through facebook. The mats area great and although i was buying them at wholesale prices, i think he is really reasonable. I use a Manduka mat which i absolutely love, if youre serious about Yoga i would invest in a good quality mat that wont need changing as often. I know people who have had their Manduka mats for 10 years+
    I will admit when i do Hot Yoga i need a towel on the mat and i use liquid chalk too :)

Advertisement