Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgraduate Courses/Certificates in Management in Healthcare

Options
  • 29-07-2011 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

Great News, our department has been approved in our budget for CPD courses, to a value of €500!

I have been thinking (and tried to research) recently that I would like to do a postgraduate Certificate/Course in Management.
    Something along the lines of Managing people in the Workplace, providing mentorship, or leading a team.

Just wondering if anyone have heard of any courses of this type in Ireland?
    UCD School of Nursing, Midwifery & Health Systems: Professional Certificate Leadership & Strategic Management in Health, sounds similar to what Im looking for but I think this is restricted to Nurses only, not other Allied Health Professionals.
    Kingston University in London have a module similar to what I am looking for called "Management of People in the Workplace" but I dont think I will get approval for London.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

i *think* the institute of public administration run one

UL do one also, but i would not recommend that particular one

the RCSI used to run one also

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

The ICGP run one (cert for trainee's) Diploma for GP's

Fairly good but specific to GP practice

There is an MBA in health care as well from one of the Irish universities (not sure which one though :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭DJKAV

Thinking about the ul course myself sam34 why would you not recommend ?

Advertisement