Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor Education GA885

Options
  • 22-02-2015 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys,

Im a 6th year student look at doing the Outdoor Education in GMIT next year. I have a couple of questions if anyone could answer:

1. What is the timetable like? Is it full days?
    2. What are the languages you can study?
    3. It says on the website they do outdoor activities but do you get specific qualifcations in each one?
    4. Is there any chance of studying abroad during the duration of the course?

I would also be interested in any other comments people would have on the course.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Caiminmurf1

I am planning on transferring from my course this year to outdoor education, Ive very little information about the course except quite a bit of prior knowledge about the activities, have you found out much about the course? any information you can pass on would be very handy!
    Have you any idea the general age/gender of the applicants? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kocallaghan

Hi,
    1. The time table is approx 26 hours a week, usually up to 1 or 2 on Wed and Friday but til 5 or 6 other days.
    2. Present language options are Irish / Spanish / French and German depending on the numbers, as these are electives. Irish and Spanish run every year.
    3. You have the opportunity to get specific qualifications if you put in the effort. But nothing is guaranteed as ultimate progression is student dependent.
    4. In second year you can study in the US for the year or also an option in Sweden and may be one in Germany but language can be an issue.

For more information email the college for a specific course handbook. Email contacts are on the website

Advertisement