Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most comfortable trousers ever?

• 13-03-2015 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

I'm going on a trip which will involve lots of walking and traveling by coach. I find it difficult to cope with the discomfort of trousers and jeans at the best of times because of a chronic pain sensory issue and therefore I tend to depend on leggings and long skirts unless I'm only a couple of hours away from my pjs! But if I could find a loose, light, comfortable, soft pair of trousers or lightweight jeans it would be great. Anyone got any suggestions for trousers they have found around the Dublin area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Canterbury tracksuit bottoms are very comfy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

It might not be your style, but Konfusion on Crown Alley in Temple Bar have some lovely light cotton trousers in various different patterns and styles. They also do jumpsuits which are the most comfortable thing ever and will avoid the problem of constriction around the waist.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

The Pilko Pump Pant seems to be just what you need

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭imokyrok

Rosy Posy wrote: »
    It might not be your style, but Konfusion on Crown Alley in Temple Bar have some lovely light cotton trousers in various different patterns and styles. They also do jumpsuits which are the most comfortable thing ever and will avoid the problem of constriction around the waist.

I'll check them out. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Would you wear some loose cotton pyjama bottoms from penny's, lots of styles in at the moment that could be worn as trousers in a hot country, nobody would know they were pyjamas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

imokyrok wrote: »
    I'm going on a trip which will involve lots of walking and traveling by coach. I find it difficult to cope with the discomfort of trousers and jeans at the best of times because of a chronic pain sensory issue and therefore I tend to depend on leggings and long skirts unless I'm only a couple of hours away from my pjs! But if I could find a loose, light, comfortable, soft pair of trousers or lightweight jeans it would be great. Anyone got any suggestions for trousers they have found around the Dublin area?

Look up Craighoppers. I've these trousers that are combat-sthyle but just around the knee-area are zips to un-zip the entire lower-leg-section leaving you with comfy combat-sthyle shorts :) Actually bought through amazon myself, but local outdoor shops sell them also in Cork City anyways.

Versatile & Comfy imo

Oh! Canterbury trackies are super comfy also !
    kerry4sam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Flem31

Agree with last poster re Craghoppers, I buy the Kiwi version full length combats which I find very comfortable and they are very light but durable.
    I usually buy them in TKMaxx in Blanch which can be a little hit and miss re size availability but gave me a good indication as to sizing.
    Have also bought from Amazon but currency is against that for the time being

The kiwi version comes in two types, lined and unlined and there is a noticeable difference in the weight between the two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Linen Trousers. LOVE THEM!! They can be hard to get at times but Littlewoods tend to keep thm in stock and at about €24 a pair, they're fairly reasonable?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Roxirose

Elle yoga pants. Maternity supersoft jeans :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Anything with an elasticated waist is the biz for travelling. No zips or buttons digging into you!

I saw lightweight kind of harem trousers in penneys lately for €8. Going to grab some for the Summer! They look Sooooo comfortable and the colours are great too.

Advertisement