Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today I saw...

Options
  • 28-04-2008 1:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

Prompted on by Klong's ingenious idea in the thread about the library's raging inferno (or lack thereof, rather), I'm now going a little further than he did. Why he stopped with just the suggestion, I don't know: it's easy to create a thread!

So, something not far off G-Soc's Assassin game, we'll have our own online Boardsie version...

It's pretty simple: Tell us where and when you spotted a Boardsie.

The Points Scheme
    • 10 points for an accurate sighting (need time/place) of a fellow Boardsie and if he/she did not spot you.
    • 8 points for the first Boardsie to post if both spotted each other.
    • 5 points for the second Boardsie to post if both spotted each other.

The Rules:
    • You cannot post a sighting if it was a pre-arranged meeting e.g. BULBs, lunch, me seeing Sceptre during handover in June. :p
    • You must post an accurate time, place and, if possible, description of clothing of the Boardsie you spotted.
    • Photos, etc., do not count... It must be a physical sighting of a Boardsie.
    • Co-habiting Boardsies are excluded from listing sightings of each other, unless it's external to their abode and during the course of their normal daily routine in which they would not normally see one another.

This could be a fun procrastination method during ex*m study... Come on, it's my last ex*m period, I need to have decent procrastination methods for the last time! :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Spotted myself in the Mirror this morning, I recon my reflection didnt see me !

Time 8am,
    Location my Bathroom
    Clothes, thats the strange think, he was wearing the exact same outfit ! he looked really good ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

Pics or it didn't happen.

Actually, just to test it out, I'll arse around campus for a while tomorrow with my PSG shirt that has "cson 9" on the back. (Thats a football jersey for the bridies amongst us)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

I was away all weekend so I'm only catching up with things on Boards again in work. :cool:

To avoid bringing the thread off topic, I'll be good.

I met: Sceptre and Vuk
    When: Friday 25th April

I met Rmcm, Petee and the Don also over the weekend in Thurles, but I'm assuming it doesnt count on here as it was a planned weekend on the booze :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Im at an unfair advantage being all the way over here!:(

Well I keep asking you to come over this side, but you keep shunning my offers ;)

Oh I know...no means no:cool:

• Advertisement

Mossin wrote: »
    Oh I know...no means no:cool:
    You're catching on!

Right, so I'm thinking..I should start off at 100points. Great, thanks!
    Oh yey, I'm winning!:p

I met Rmcm, Petee and the Don also over the weekend in Thurles, but I'm assuming it doesnt count on here as it was a planned weekend on the booze :D:D

Have to say I thought Hayes was a right spot. Good nightclub. Did yiz go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

cson wrote: »
    Have to say I thought Hayes was a right spot. Good nightclub. Did yiz go?

Indeed we did on Friday night. You are mistaken it's on the list of places that one should restrict their visits to. I think I'll have to create a rule for Hayes perhaps a once per decade visit and given that Friday night was my 2nd visit this decade it'll be a good 20 years before I go again (if I'm still here in 20 years).

I always thought Hayes was good craic, granted I've only been there a couple of times and I was wasted both times.

Strange thing; I was actually on my way to Thurles Friday night but had to turn back cos something came up at home. That woulda been weird meeting ye in Hayes (You'd recognise The Don from a mile off :p)

Yeah you would!! :p

Its a good thing that you disnt see us in Hayes' though......
    What happens in Thurles stays in Thurles :cool:

• Advertisement

Yeah you would!! :p

Its a good thing that you disnt see us in Hayes' though......
    What happens in Thurles stays in Thurles :cool:

That is a right one. Really mad I answered my phone now, I shoulda just ploughed onto Thurles. Shizer.

Dont worry young CSON there will be plenty of nights to stumble across me langered somewhere....Then you can post away here

That is a right one. Really mad I answered my phone now, I shoulda just ploughed onto Thurles. Shizer.

And I'm sure I'll pay a visit to Limerick at some stage when the next semester starts and you'll get to spot me in all my drunken glory (or lack thereof) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

I always thought Hayes was good craic, granted I've only been there a couple of times and I was wasted both times.

Strange thing; I was actually on my way to Thurles Friday night but had to turn back cos something came up at home. That woulda been weird meeting ye in Hayes (You'd recognise The Don from a mile off :p)

Once is enough to be in that place. The barn at home is better.

Nice to know I'm easy to spot I suppose. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

So yeah, piss of with yer Thurles talk lads.

There's a game to be played ffs :rolleyes:

kaimera wrote: »
    So yeah, piss of with yer Thurles talk lads.

There's a game to be played ffs :rolleyes:

OoOoO someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed...

Seriously though, Hayes isn't that bad, you could do a lot worse.

On topic, I'm heading down for the paper in 5 mins and I'll be wearing my cson 9 PSG shirt, so thats a heads up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I'm locked away in a room far from humanity (ok in the SU) and I'm not planning on emerging until I have this damn essay done so there'll be no BlueDolphin Watching today, folks. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

noone knows what i look at.. mwhwahaha.. now to just try find out what all ye look like to spot ye

I propose bonus points for pics [else it didnt happen ;)]

Date stamp on of course if digital camera. I also have methods to find out if the camera phone pic was doctored... :)

Kai, your very obsessed about pics!! Ever think about ditching that nerd career of yours and go into photography?! Just a suggestion..:D

• Advertisement

Boardsie: Klong
    Where: Library; top floor at the corner between history section and Journals.
    When: This evening, just before 9pm.
    Wearing: Um...navy hoody with yellow strips on the sleeve; an O'Neill's one possibly...:o

Boo yeah got there first Klong! :D

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    Kai, your very obsessed about pics!! Ever think about ditching that nerd career of yours and go into photography?! Just a suggestion..:D
    Got myself a nice big cam so ya need not worry about me! :)

First set of points to Bluedolphin! Kudos!

You have a cam?! Hmmm..poor school going kids in uniform in Iran is all I gota say!:pac:

Edit/: Doubt they have uniforms over there actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

The fire alarm just went off in my building. Instead of thinking 'Oh know, a fire!', I thought 'Oh yes! I might get to see aoife2k and get some points' but she wasn't there, as far as I know. Sigh.

At least only one person on here knows what I look like so I'll never get caught, haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

None of you know who i am muuhhahaha no points from me for ye all

ergonomics wrote: »
    At least only one person on here knows what I look like so I'll never get caught, haha!

I'll get you, don't you worry! :D

Yeah, to be fair no one knows what I look like either. Phewww says I!:D
    Saw Peteee at the bus station about a year back..
    Saw Rory in the lodge few weeks ago...well his twin!:D
    Met Sceptre in O'Mahoneys but I was chatting to him.
    That's about it..

Yeah, to be fair no one knows what I look like either. Phewww says I!:D

Oh yes we do and I do believe you've posted a pic some where.
    Saw Rory in the lodge few weeks ago...well his twin!:D

Omnipresence is great isn't it :D

I'v a pic about?! Hmmm..not to my knowledge I don't!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I'll get you, don't you worry! :D

Oh no you won't. I won't let it happen. I was in the SU earlier and was keeping an eye out for you so I could hide!

You could just look in the mirror and screw up your eyes a bit to distort the reflection and say you saw me. Hey, that's an idea... :D

Advertisement