Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3.0 Trooper injector sleeve puller?

Options
  • 02-07-2015 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭

Just like the heading says, anyone out there have a sleeve puller they would hire/loan me?
    She's mixing diesel into the coolant, so gonna try changing the O rings. If that doesn't work, junk the 3.0 and put in a 3.1.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

Use an expansion bolt, was good enough in an isuzu garage I knew. Nice bit of work in the conversion but you would have a good reliable jeep.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Would the sleeve be reusable after that expansion bolt though? OK for an Isuzu garage cause they just stick the customer for a new set.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Slideways

I worked on these turds for years.

We had the tool so I cant say if the expansion/rawl bolt will work but if I was going to the effort of pulling out the sleeves I would probably fit new ones anyway.

It might be worth getting in touch with your local Isuzu agent and seeing if the recall was ever done for the sleeves

Thanks slideways, will ring local isuzu garage. They won't like it, but so what!
    Was watching a few youtube videos made by a guy down under about the subject, so thought I'd give it a go.

If the place I used to work for is anything to go by they may well just tell you the head is cracked. It seemed to be the common diagnosis that was made there even though I was a bit skeptical about it.

• Advertisement

Well rang them there now. Says he has never came across one that wasn't in for the recall.
    But on the positive side, 3 hours labour plus 80 euro for O rings and washers. Four sleeves, if needed, 50 euro each.
    Claims to have 3.0 troopers with 600,000km still running perfectly for business customers.

Nice one. Thats not bad labour wise for the job. Theres a bit of work in it with draining the coolant etc..

I saw one come in and get turbos, injectors, sleeves and a strainer in the sump when it was ten years old as the previous owner failed to respond to the letters.

Gone from there for over 3 years now and probably 8 years since I put a spanner on one but I still have a lot of hours logged on those engines

Advertisement