Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need advice on tractor

• 03-04-2015 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

ok would someone be able to give me a rough price on the following tractor.

1991 case international 1056xl, 8500 hrs, 4wd, tyres 30 per cent
    very hard to start, smokey with bad blow, needs engine rebuilt,
    have to say its a nice tidy tractor otherwise with good gearbox etc

ta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

2time wrote: »

ta

Yours or one you're looking at? If it isn't yours, the lad selling it shouldn't be long about telling you a price and if it's yours you're selling, have a look at DD etc and what they are making and knock off a few bob for an engine rebuild.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭mayota

ta
    €3.5/4k

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

€2k i would put it at. A fine money pit it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭2time

Yours or one you're looking at? If it isn't yours, the lad selling it shouldn't be long about telling you a price and if it's yours you're selling, have a look at DD etc and what they are making and knock off a few bob for an engine rebuild.

Cant really go by DD as some asking up to €9000 for them

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭2time

Dozer Dave wrote: »
    €2k i would put it at. A fine money pit it would be.

thats very low Dave,

you say money pit , you don't rate these CI tractors at all....why?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

you say money pit , you don't rate these CI tractors at all....why?

I have nothing against them, rebuilds get very expensive and you are facing into the unknown abit also, as sure as there is shit in a hen there is bound to be some few other jobs needing doing to it.
    Its all money, tyres at 30% need replacing soon also. You are living in cloud cookoo land thinking if you think its worth any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭yeller

a good one is making about €6500 and they are actually getting pricier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

yeller wrote: »
    a good one is making about €6500 and they are actually getting pricier

Because, if you've ever worked one, or worked on one, you'll know they are a very capable tractor and very under-rated. There's some seriously good metal in CI tractors - the quality of the engineering was light-years ahead of MF etc at the time. Pound for pound, very punchy tractors and I have to say I always liked driving them. There's a lightness but a strength that you only get in a few machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭coyle21

brilliant capable tractor and nice to drive, better than a Ford 7810 in my opinion and easier to run and look what one of those 7810's are making today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭White Clover

Drove a 956xl for a couple of days pulling a 14 T dump trailer. Unreal traction and torque. There aren't many makes of tractors that I haven't driven. I would rate highly just behind a JD 6900.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭coyle21

Drove a 956xl for a couple of days pulling a 14 T dump trailer. Unreal traction and torque. There aren't many makes of tractors that I haven't driven. I would rate highly just behind a JD 6900.

you ever drive a 1255xl ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭White Clover

coyle21 wrote: »
    you ever drive a 1255xl ?

No. Twas the only case I ever drove. Had her hired for a few days

I have an case international 1255xl, perfect engine Etc they got some pulling power i'll tell you that and never had any problems in our 10 years of owning it, I love this tractor, I have had several people offering to buy it and giving good money, what would one be worth anyway, its in PWO?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

You should know since you had several people giving good money for it.

You should know since you had several people giving good money for it.

not really as one giving me 5000stg and other guy giving €9000 so big difference.

Advertisement