Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Returning Sennheisers for Repair

• 15-06-2013 8:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Anybody know how to go about this? Pair of headphones suffering from a faulty wire as of late, have to position it a certain way to have them work properly. I still have the receipt handy but I think I remember the bloke from the shop I bought these from saying you have to return them directly to Sennheiser to have them fixed.

Anyone know where?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

Take them back to the shop, 'the bloke' is talking rubbish. If he wants to send them back fair enough but he has to provide a remedy without significant inconvenience to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭whippet

if I were you i'd contact sennheiser directly (have a look on their website) and I would say you would get sorted quicker than dealing with the retailer. The retailer will only do the same as you and then you are dependent on them actually doing it when they say they will.

While the vendor is always responsible it does not mean its always the best route to satisfaction .... Apple would be the same, alway deal direct with warranty issues

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

If it's the wire then chances are that won't be fixed (for free) as it's more than likely user damage, however, sennheiser are great to deal with so maybe you'll get lucky.

I had a pair replaced recently as the sound stopped working in one of the ear pieces, there was only a few months left on their 2 year warranty.

I contacted Sennheiser directly and they told me to contact where I bought them so I contacted amazon and they had a new pair shipped out to me within a few days along with prepaid envelope to return the old ones.

Contact Sennheiser and then print the email they send telling you to go to where you bought them and show it to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I had a pair replaced recently as the sound stopped working in one of the ear pieces, there was only a few months left on their 2 year warranty.

I contacted Sennheiser directly and they told me to contact where I bought them so I contacted amazon and they had a new pair shipped out to me within a few days along with prepaid envelope to return the old ones.

Contact Sennheiser and then print the email they send telling you to go to where you bought them and show it to them.

Can I ask where you contacted them directly? Is it their HQ building in Dublin 12? Can't seem to get a straight email or phone number for support here in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,551 ✭✭✭✭L1011

My dealings with them have been via email or to Tullamore where the factory is.

The high-end headphones are made here, rather than the usual far east which is getting extremely rare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

MYOB wrote: »
    My dealings with them have been via email or to Tullamore where the factory is.

The high-end headphones are made here, rather than the usual far east which is getting extremely rare.

Do you have that email handy? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Sort of off topic, but I regard earphones as a short lifetime product. I just accept they will fail. They nearly always fail in 1 of 2 places, wires down the bottom where it connects to the 3.5mm connection thing, or at the top where they connect with the earphone.

You can add your own support on many, like wrapping tape or stuff around them so it cannot bend right over and cut the wires internally.

I have fixed my current ones about 3 times now, there are loads of guides on fixing them.

I had Shure brand ones too, very expensive but they sent me a brand new pair after breaking after 2 years. Also when outside of warranty if they broke you could send them back and get a new pair at a big discount, like a trade in deal, not sure if they still do this.
    have to position it a certain way to have them work properly
    Sometimes you can bend a wire into position and tape it up with electrical tape to hold it there, or use a splint and tape around it.

Advertisement