Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DIY Divorces

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

ANYHELP wrote: »
    We were given a time of 10AM for our case. If I recall correctly, the Registrar usually goes through all the cases of the day at 9:30, should we be there for that?

Thanks

Make sure you are in the right number court room!! I sat through the call only to find out I wasn't on the list as I was in the wrong room! Luckily I managed to duck into the right room between cases and apologised. She called me in a couple of cases later!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Aoibhin84

what happens if the other party says they are not in agreement, can you get turned away?

to be clear there are no children or assets ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Payton

Aoibhin84 wrote: »
    what happens if the other party says they are not in agreement, can you get turned away?
    Yes you can.

Seriously and what happens then? there are no children or assets and sep agreement in place, Why would the system give someome the time of day in that case when they see far more difficult cases every day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Payton

Aoibhin84 wrote: »
    Seriously and what happens then? there are no children or assets and sep agreement in place, Why would the system give someome the time of day in that case when they see far more difficult cases every day
    Your ex would need prove that there are good grounds. But the court itself that your case is being heard doesn't really hear any problems that are in place that is for another date..it's more for the granting of the divorce.

the death of an elderly parent last year is not good grounds i hope considering we have nothing to argue over! They are the one with property and better pension pot so they should be running away from me not trying to cause trouble

Advertisement