Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how much can you pull

• 02-07-2015 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

What is the max load to you tow with a 3 .5 tuck as I think of get one with a mini digger

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

What year, make and model is your tow vehicle?
    Do you have a BE category on your licence?
    What trailer will you be using?
    What weight is the mini-digger?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dosan145ex

What year, make and model is your tow vehicle?
    Do you have a BE category on your licence?
    What trailer will you be using?
    What weight is the mini-digger?

The digger is 2 ton truck is Ford transit tipper it is 4 ton and I car licence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭btb

dosan145ex wrote: »
    The digger is 2 ton truck is Ford transit tipper it is 4 ton and I car licence

You cant legally drive a 4ton Transit on a car license, you need a C1 license for anything above 3.5t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

btb wrote: »
    You cant legally drive a 4ton Transit on a car license, you need a C1 license for anything above 3.5t

Transits are only 3.5 tonne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,574 ✭✭✭Markcheese

If the digger is 2 ton- the trailer and buckets ect on it will probably weigh another ton ish .
    So you'll towing 3 ton with a 3.5 ton 2 wheel drive van - can't see that adding up - you'll need a different licence to tow anyway-

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Theanswers

Even if you had the license to tow 3.5 tonne the transit would not be rated for that. Not even a Landcruiser is.

You'd need a Pajero or Land Rover to tow 3.5 tonnes legally on a BE license.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭kay 9

I can pull 3.5 ton with a proper harness but the pajero does it better :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Theanswers wrote: »
    Even if you had the license to tow 3.5 tonne the transit would not be rated for that. Not even a Landcruiser is.

You'd need a Pajero or Land Rover to tow 3.5 tonnes legally on a BE license.

Transit is legally allowed toral weight of 5.5 tonne including trailer when towing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Theanswers

The Land Rover has a higher gross weight. (2.7t weight + 3.5t trailer)

Either way I find it hard to believe a transit is stamped to tow 3.5 braked, even if it was I would not like to try and stop that thing in a hurry.

Advertisement