Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power City Ireland

Options
  • 27-02-2013 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi all,

I am having serious problems about resolving a problem with power city.

I bought a samsung tv out in power city. I have been having problems with sound ever since. My experience of their customer servcie has been nothing short of an absoulete nightmare. I have had an engineer out. They said the problem was fixed. But the problem is still there

I am just wondering if anybody has been successful in getting a refund or an outright replacement.

I am really fed up at this stage and I will never buy anything off them again.

Any help would be welcome ?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

Perhaps you could elaborate on the nature of the problem ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,858 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Not entirely related, except in terms of customer service from Power City....

I had a dishwasher which was a nightmare from the very start, kept leaking. Had endless engineers out "fixing" it under warranty, but it always leaked again. In despair I went back to Power City in the end (can't remember how long after purchase but I think it was at least a year later) and they refunded me no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cbee20

How long have you got the TV? Did an engineeer from Samsung repair the tv? If a product is faulty, you are entitled to a repair, replacement or refund. If the repair hasn't worked, you should be offered a replacement now. I have bought all my electrical products in Power City and I've never had a problem in having a faulty item replaced within the guarantee period. Hope you get this resolved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Not entirely related, except in terms of customer service from Power City....

I had a dishwasher which was a nightmare from the very start, kept leaking. Had endless engineers out "fixing" it under warranty, but it always leaked again. In despair I went back to Power City in the end (can't remember how long after purchase but I think it was at least a year later) and they refunded me no problem.

I have used PC in Naas on a few occasions. And for me, they set the standard. Excellent service, easy people to talk to, and they even leave a wire skip just inside the front door to dump the recycled goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - stick to offering specific advice.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Contact the Samsung hotline directly. We had problems with our TV which was 4 years old and thus out of warranty. The shop was no help but I contacted Samsung myself. Took a couple of calls which went to India before I hit the jackpot and got a connection to their UK call centre and to cut a long story short, we got a new tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

athtrasna wrote: »
    Contact the Samsung hotline directly. ...
    No harm in doing that, provided that OP bears in mind that if Samsung do not solve the problem, the real responsibility lies with Power City as the seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 RedRockets

Thanks everyone for your help.

I will contact samsung as suggested and see what happens.

Power city were very unhelpful and I got the feeling I was not the first customer to complain given my experience over the phone. They had an answer for everything.

Anyway, going to see this right through to the end so will let you know how i get on.

Ringing samsung direct on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

RedRockets wrote: »
    Power city were very unhelpful and I got the feeling I was not the first customer to complain given my experience over the phone. They had an answer for everything...
    Once I get the impression that somebody is being unhelpful I quit using the phone and take to the keyboard. Formal letters often produce results.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Write them a registered letter giving them XX working days to resolve the issue. Under Consumer law you are entitled to a refund. replacement or repair (which must be permanent). If they do not resolve in this time, inform them that you will lodge a complain in the SCC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 derekohara

I had a similar problem. Which branch was it? I got nothing but stonewalled on a brand new Sony Vaio Laptop that had a faulty touch-pad (after researching, a lot of the vaio's have faulty touch-pads). I brought it back two days after buying it and they replaced it a few days later. The replacement was also faulty (exact same make and model!!) so I brought that back. Very frustrating!! After a few more days they done an in-store check on it and gave it back to me again saying there's nothing wrong with it. When I went back up to collect it again I showed them video evidence on my smart phone of the pointing device hopping randomly around the screen and customer care girl just said "well it didn't do that when I was on it" so I was really pissed off as she handed it back to me. I left knowing now that it hadn't been checked by Sony themselves and she's definitely not an expert on Laptops. I managed to get a <SNIP> into an email correspondence on the matter and he just insisted on me taking it back to the shop again!! I refused (after been treated like a liar and been up and back already 4 times to buy one Laptop!!) and said I will take him to the small claims courts if he didn't sort this out now. He didn't offer me my money back until 8 months after my purchase and 1 working day before the hearing in court, knowing well he was loosing his case!! Unfortunately the SCC only gets you your money back and nothing more!! Even after running around, wasting your time, dealing with idiots in customer care, another idiot who's in a position he shouldn't be in, treated like a liar and paying a SCC fee to get justice of some sort!! ;-( That's the treatment you get if you buy from power city. For some reason they don't like dealing with you when it comes to anything expensive and especially Laptops in my experience anyway. If you are getting no-where with them my advice would be to take them to the small claims court and keep every bit of information on the matter as evidence including emails etc. You are entitled to a repair, replacement or money back and if they tell you any different they are lying to you. They tried to fog me off with store policy but I'd already done my research on consumers rights and wasn't having any of it. I just had to endure a lot of bull**** to get my money back in the end. I hope things work out for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

I find in Power City it really depends on the sales guy him/herself. Naas does seem to have very good staff from my experience and others I know. Greenhills on the other hand never seemed to want to help.

I'm sort of guessing that most of the sales staff are on commission only (similar to Harvey Norman), so the bad ones are only interested in making a sale that day and the good ones see you as potentially a long term earner for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

RedRockets wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am having serious problems about resolving a problem with power city.

I bought a samsung tv out in power city. I have been having problems with sound ever since. My experience of their customer servcie has been nothing short of an absoulete nightmare. I have had an engineer out. They said the problem was fixed. But the problem is still there

I am just wondering if anybody has been successful in getting a refund or an outright replacement.

I am really fed up at this stage and I will never buy anything off them again.

Any help would be welcome ?
    Thanks

its not the store you should be onto its samsung. Write them a letter or phone. Not issue with vaccum cleaner from power city called manufacture and collected new one from power city

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement