Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

o2. Who do I complain to??

• 19-06-2013 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I having nothing but problems with o2 and their mobile phone cover.

I took out insurance on my Galaxy S3 which covers both accidental damage and loss of the device.

I sent away the phone in may to get fixed as It had been subject to water damage. Both the screen and camera were damaged. I had to pay an excess of €35.00 for the repair which I happily did.

The phone was sent back with the damaged screen fixed but camera still broken so I sent it back a second time to get the camera fixed.

Now upon getting it back again the phone is switching itself on and off as well as the screen is flickering constantly and the phone is extremely slow and unusable. (None of this was a problem before as there was only minor damage to the top corner of the screen and camera)

What can I do as i have no faith in getting this resolved on my 3rd attempt. Who can I complain to? Or can I bring the phone into the store to have it replaced??

Any help/advice would be great as I am really unhappy with the service from o2 so far.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

Make a formal complain and if you don't get any joy I'd assume this is an insurance ombudsman case rather than the small claims court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I had a problem with a phone last year and O2's policy/warranty seemed to be 3 attempts before they'd replace or refund. I kicked up a fuss after their second attempt when they'd had the phone for 8 weeks and sent it back in worse shape than when I'd left it in. I got a refund eventually. But it took forever. Your situation is different in that you've insurance and you've damaged it originally. The consumer law seems a bit weak in relation to how many repair attempts and over what time period is reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭kawasaki1100

I also had a problem with o2 and could not get it resolved with them. Their costomer service is rubbish, you can bark on at them all you want but they know you will sooner or later get fed up and go away. I changed to Meteor who are very helpfull. Aviod o2 at all costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Maybe ask in the Talk to O2 forum: HERE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 AHuzz

After contacting o2 again and getting the rub around I finally spoke to a Lady who talks sense and she has advised she will replace the device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

beauf wrote: »
    I had a problem with a phone last year and O2's policy/warranty seemed to be 3 attempts before they'd replace or refund.

A repair should be permanent and you have good grounds for a replacement/refund once they have tried to repair it once. Their policy/warranty is meaningless, but you may have to fight for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Theres no may about it....
    beauf wrote: »
    ...I kicked up a fuss after their second attempt... I got a refund eventually. But it took forever...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Would you like for this thread to be moved to Talk to O2, to have one of the reps there assist you?

Advertisement