Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vga cable for xbox?

Options
  • 25-12-2012 7:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

hi lads
    you guys would probably know more about this

could i buy a vga cable like this one http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/xbox-360-hd-vga-cable/742186501.prd?browseToken=%2fb%2f103501%2fo%2f7

plug it into the xbox and into the hdtv? i dont want to use it for the pc but thats what it looks like its used for

anyone help me out here?

my hdmi port is broken on my xbox
    and the scart with the red,yellow,white wire at the end is missing (also has terrible graphics with it)

could i buy this and plug it into the xbox and then into my tv
    cause i cant see anywere on the wire were i could plug it into the xbox

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

ya i had my xbox done this way for a long time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

do you know how much they are in shops mate? also is it in hd quality? im not looking to connect it to my pc monitor, just to my tv and xbox as if it was a normal hdmi wire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

does your tv have a vga connection ???? If not you would have to get some kind of adapter, the end that plugs into the xbox is the standard xbox connection, the big block, like on the cable that came with it.

Audio is supplied from the red and white cables in the pic you linked to.

Try hmv, gamestop or xtravision, I know harvey norman had some near me ages ago also, I'd say you are looking at 10-15 quid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

calex71 wrote: »
    does your tv have a vga connection ???? If not you would have to get some kind of adapter, the end that plugs into the xbox is the standard xbox connection, the big block, like on the cable that came with it.

Audio is supplied from the red and white cables in the pic you linked to.

Try hmv, gamestop or xtravision, I know harvey norman had some near me ages ago also, I'd say you are looking at 10-15 quid.

it has a vga channel so id assume it has a vga connection somewere on it
    i dunno what the port on the tv is for a vga? whats it look like never heard of a vga before today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

You could just get a component cable if your tv has a port. Link Check if your tv has Green and blue ports alongside the yellow, red and white ports. Most tv's should have them. Component is HD not to be confused with composite which is SD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

iMuse wrote: »
    You could just get a component cable if your tv has a port. Link Check if your tv has Green and blue ports alongside the yellow, red and white ports. Most tv's should have them. Component is HD not to be confused with composite which is SD

I'd say if the TV has vga go with that , though might depend on TV I found vga was sharper vs component, but component had better colors.

OP vga looks like this

300px-SVGA_port.jpg

Edit : OP on the off chance are you near / close to Drogheda area next few days, might have a vga or component or both lying around if i go looking????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

OP, I would order from here instead. From those pictures, the vga cable on littlewoods seems like its unoffical - and its a huge mistake to go with a cheaply made VGA cable!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/High-Definition-VGA-Cable-Xbox/dp/B003VD56JS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356475605&sr=8-1

Advertisement