Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IR Sensor for TV Required...

Options
  • 14-07-2011 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi All,

I have a Panasonic LCD TV. A while a ago the remote stopped working - changed batteries etc. So I bought a universal remote - no joy, however the universal remote does work with another TV in the house.
    So I came to the conclusion that it must be the IR sensor in my TV that is the problem. I have searched the interweb for one but cannot find any.
    Does anyone where I could pick up an IR sensor please?

Thanks,
    NOWE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,834 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Your best bet would be to get it repaired by someone qualified.

Check that the plastic window over the IR receiver is clean. Just because the universal remote operates another TV, doesn't mean you have it set correctly to operate the Panasonic. Might be worth taking your original Panasonic remote to a shop and seeing if it will work sets on display.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Hi All,

A while a ago the remote stopped working - changed batteries etc.

Thanks,
    NOWE
    To check the remote control, point it towards your camera. If you can see the IR bulb lighting, then it's probably ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 northofwestend

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    To check the remote control, point it towards your camera. If you can see the IR bulb lighting, then it's probably ok.

Yep already tried the camera thing and the remote looks fine

Advertisement