Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for tutorials for UT99

Options
  • 23-10-2010 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone any links for tutorials on how to create maps/mods etc for Unreal Tournament (the original)? i'm having trouble finding any and i can't find any source for downloading maps/mods that i don't already have. a load of sites have gone offline since the last time i went looking for mods, and just want to try to start making my own maps.
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

UnrealEd 2.0 came with UT99 yeah, and it used Unreal Engine 1. i'm trying to start building maps with it, cos it's getting harder to find good ones on the net. most sites i used to use a few years ago are now gone. never really dabbled in map creating before, so it'd be kinda new to me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Ah UT99. :cool:

I haven't used it in a while and I don't think I've saved any fies about tutorials but I could give you a hand if you need it.
    I'm not an expert but I could lend a hand with simple shapes, water, lava movers, warp zones, ice, fog, lighting, triggers and teleporters. Maybe some simple programming. I wouldn't know anything about skinning guns etc.

Very useful shortcuts:
    Ctrl + S = Subtract (i.e., for making rooms)
    Ctrl + A = Add (adding shapes into the level)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I would recommend getting UDK for free www.udk.net and trying to do something with that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Google UnrealEd wiki. There are some good tutorials there and a lot of other useful information too. See if you can find Wolf's tutorials too. One of the best set of basic tutorials back in the day and I'm pretty sure they are still around.

If you're using UnrealEd 2, get Tarquin's brush mods too as they can very helpful. If you have the original Deus Ex or Rune; textures, sounds and music from these games can be used in UT maps.

Sorry for the lack of links but this is all from memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

thanks for all the help, guys :)
    bit busy with exam study at the moment, but when i get a bit of time, i might check out some of those links.
    Monotype, if i need some of your help, i'll give ya a PM :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement