Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legend Of Zelda Bonus Disc! Help!

Options
  • 03-01-2004 5:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Well, Christmas is over, and the amazing Wind Waker game has enthraled me in the Legend of Zelda Universe once again, so i decided I better pick up the Zelda bonus Disc, featuring four games including Ocarina of time and Major's mask(the one i did'nt even play, for shame!). I read in a post on here that they were selling the discs in Smyths in swords for 10 yoyo's but on further investigation today, and an interigation of one of the staff members, i was given the classic, "No,.... never heard of that!", Oh, of course, silly me, there I go inventing game titles again, shall my zanyness never cease? (Zanyness? Is that a word,.....er...well it is now!!!). I probably should have bought the damn disc before Christmas but I was more worried about actually getting my hands on the Wind Waker at that time.

So has anyone out there in Boards.ie land spotted the golden disc in any shops recently, hopefully not the HMV special "F*** the consumer" edition( 60 yoyo's!?). Even better has anyone spotted it in one of the other Smyth's stores anytime within the last week or so?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Best bet is to use eBay, or check the second hand shelves in Game or Gamestop.....

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DrummerBoy

Originally posted by Slane
    I read in a post on here that they were selling the discs in Smyths in swords for 10 yoyo's but on further investigation today, and an interigation of one of the staff members, i was given the classic, "No,.... never heard of that!",

I worked in Software Zone in Smyths at the Swords branch up until christmas. I can tell you for a fact that they did sell them for €9.99 and had them in stock. I was the one who ended up pricing them and putting them on the shelf but they only received 25 of them in and that was the last week of Nov. first week of Dec.

Just an interesting point! So they will be on the till if you ask a staf member to check for them so they can re-order them in for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by smiaras
    To qualify for this incredible disc, gamers must purchase one of the following Nintendo titles The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, F-Zero GX, Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, 1080 Avalanche, Mario Party 5 or Eternal Darkness or purchase two from the following selection of Player's Choice titles Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, StarFox Adventures and Mario Party 4.
    :)
    /me pets his eternal darkness reciept
    (well, i should've got the disk with my cube anyway...)

/edit
    the terms and conditions make for a depressing read:(
    This promotion is only open to residents of the UK, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands aged 16 or over (referred to as "you" or "participants"). Employees of Nintendo of Europe GmbH ("Nintendo"), their families, households, or agents are not eligible to enter this promotion.
    # To qualify to receive a copy of Zelda you must make a valid bona fide retail purchase from a retailer in the UK, Isle of Man or the Channel Islands between 1 January 2004 and 31 January 2004 (inclusive) of either:
    and finally...
    To claim your copy of Zelda, please send your full name and postal address, together with the original till receipt (please take and retain a photocopy before sending) confirming your qualifying purchase, to: Nintendo Zelda Promotion, Nintendo Service Centre, Codestorm House, Walton Road, Farlington, Hampshire, PO6 1TR, to be received no later than 27 February 2004. Only valid original till receipts will be accepted. No other proofs of purchase will be valid.
    i guess that makes my my online purchase useless...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

This promotion is only open to residents of the UK, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands aged 16 or over (referred to as "you" or "participants"). Employees of Nintendo of Europe GmbH ("Nintendo"), their families, households, or agents are not eligible to enter this promotion.

Ireland means nothing to Nintendo, ffs they don't even have an Irish Nintendo website. We're just lumped under the U.k but excluded from this zelda promotion. That's pure modern day sexism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Len_007

Was in picking up Grabbed by the Ghoulies for €35 and some lady was returning her cube with the zelda disc. GAME wouldn't take the bundle back coz the controller was missing the plastic sheeting. So I hung around an told her I'd buy one of the games off her. After all, it was only a "demo" disc :) €20 well spent

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

i just registered my zelda code, and i have 455 total, there is no other games on the gamecube that i want except this compliation, what do i do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

you get 1000 for registering your cube...

metroid prime would be a good place to start racking up your stars:)

(shame everything is always sold out:dunno: )

oh yeah, you get 5 stars for every return visit.
    you should be able to get enough stars by next crimbo:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

I bought Mario Kart:DD from repli on the forsale board. which had the zelda bonus disk included in the package. So maybe look around in shop for copies of DD with a little sticker saying Zelda bonus disk included.
    Best 40 euro spent in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

It shouldn't be that hard to get second hand, I would imagine that some of the people who purchased the Mario Kart: DD!! Gamecube pack would be willing to sell their disk. Place an ad in the Buy and Sell and you may be lucky.

• Advertisement
Advertisement