Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pocket chain tool (11-speed).

• 23-04-2015 5:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for small sized 11speed chain tool. Has to be compact and fit my saddle bag.

I'm looking at either Park Tool CT-6.3 or Lezyne 11-Speed Chain Drive. Anyone has either of these or is there something else worth getting ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/ie/en/crank-brothers-multi-mini-tool-19/rp-prod7455

I've this, it's big but fits in a saddle bag and has every tool you'll need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

I've the same multitool myself and it's great, however the specs quote it to be 8/9/10 speed.. think the OP wants an 11 specific tool.

I did read somewhere online that most of the multitool makers are bringing out "upgrades" for their tools... not entirely sure, but I imagine it would just be the actual bit you wind, rather than the pin that would need to be changed out? Would be handy if all I had to do was screw on a new 11 speed compatible attachment when the 11 speed upgrade happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭easygoing39

A chain breaker designed for a 10 spd chain will work on 11 spd chains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

A chain breaker designed for a 10 spd chain will work on 11 spd chains.

I don't believe so. The links and pins are narrower on 11 speed chains and I have found that they need to be joined with the correct tools (certainly the case for Campagnolo chains).

OP - my solution is to carry a spare KMC quick link in case you need to rejoin a chain on the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

letape wrote: »
    OP - my solution is to carry a spare KMC quick link in case you need to rejoin a chain on the road.

Got that already. Got multitool as well, now all I need is a pocket size 11speed chain tool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Split a shimano ultegra 6800 chain with a 10 spd chain breaker last week.Used same tool to insert the chain connector pin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

Split a shimano ultegra 6800 chain with a 10 spd chain breaker last week.Used same tool to insert the chain connector pin.

I did the same tbh - anyway got tools on order so will be able to comment on Park Tool CT-4.3, CT-6.3 and Topeak Link 11 Folding Tool.

Advertisement