Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell Inspiron 1525 screen problem

• 26-07-2015 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Laptop cpu/hd/memory/keyboard all functioning OK.
    But the screen is black or almost completely black, there is an image but I can only barely see it if I hold the laptop at an odd angel .
    I can see the same image perfectly if I connect an external monitor.
    Any ideas good people of Boards?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Dead inverter/backlight.

Should be an easy to intermediate repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Skidrow

Thanks Ed.

Looks like it could cost 50 quid or more to fix?

Does it have any scrap value?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,703 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Your laptop is 7 years old, so you have to be realistic, it would only be worth about €90 in good condition and fully working

Adverts linky

But of course it has some scrap value!

Advertisement