Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop advice

Options
  • 17-07-2015 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Hi, I'm buying a laptop soon and just looking for advice.
    Mainly for programming and coding eventually, and some light gaming like Starcraft and Diablo.
    Have my eye on a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 spec as follows.

I7-5500u 4m cache
    16gb DDR3 8x2gb
    2TB 5400 sata hard drive
    Ge Force 920M 4gb ddr3
    1 USB 3.0
    2 USB 2.0

€869.99 price.

Any advice I'll take. My budget is €900 for a laptop if you can recommend another.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭J98

Did you get this laptop after? Thinking of getting it myself. Cant find many reviews of that version on YouTube or that.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ciaran219

Yeah got it in the end. Not issues so far. Only thing to watch is Windows 8.1 using 100% if the disk capacity.
    But followed a YouTube video and ended a few stupid tasks in the background and its perfect. Everything opens up lightning quick.
    Haven't games on it yet though

Do you think it'll be good for programming? Because one of the main reasons for wanting to buy this thanks.

And also does this model have touchscreen?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ciaran219

Nope not the TS model.. Only USA has that as far as I could tell.
    Get into the live chat to get a order and you'll get 7% knocked off if you press them.
    But yeah I think it'll be great to program, theirs enough ram and storage for anything and the cpu is quick. About 20-25 seconds to boot up only

• Advertisement
Advertisement