Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I got claustrophobic just watching this - baby found in drain [china]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

What the hell is wrong with some people!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Way too common in China where babies are abandoned in the hope they die.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭ameee

Thats probably one of the most upsetting things Ive ever seen and I thought I was fairly numb to the horrors on the news at this stage :( poor little thing how anyone could do that is beyond me. You dont want your baby no problem leave it outside a hospital were it will be looked after there is no excuse to do something so horrific to a newborn baby.

The poor little mite :(

Not a happy end for him yet though, he may end up in an orphange like so many others.

I'm so grateful to have been born in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

heartbreaking, thankfully a happy ending .

Poor little fella, it's tough to read about such things - especially since having my own little lad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Some heartless bastards in this world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

The parents should be hanged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭coolbond

still not as bad as the forced abortion photo from china that was published recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

coolbond wrote: »
    still not as bad as the forced abortion photo from china that was published recently

Link ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

“Police are treating the case as an attempted homicide, and are looking for the mother ”

“the boy would be handed over to social services if his parents do not show up to claim him”

Somehow I can't see the parents turning up to claim him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭AndyMc

It shows the One Child policy and the inhumanity it causes. They simply cannot afford this child in any circumstance.

“Police are treating the case as an attempted homicide, and are looking for the mother ”

“the boy would be handed over to social services if his parents do not show up to claim him”

Somehow I can't see the parents turning up to claim him.

I really don't think his parents should be let anywhere near him ever again!

It's astounding he survived and hopefully has no serious injuries...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

ameee wrote: »
    You dont want your baby no problem leave it outside a hospital were it will be looked

Fecks sake, this is in China - leave it outside a hospital. Newborns die in the gutter in most places in China and nobody blinks an eye. They walk right past.

As for social services - they're probably too busy with forced abortions.

If the baby hadn't been a boy I doubt there'd be half the outrage that there supposedly is in China.

I'd imagine it must be pretty easy to figure out which toilet it was flushed down and thereby locate the mother, unless it was a public toilet.

Poor baby but poor mother too. Unless she is a complete psycho she must have been pretty desperate to do such a thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Jacksquat

Most of the reports I read said it was the mother who called others to help and the emergency services and was there the whole time. She just didn't identify herself immediately. Impossible to know what is going through her head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Born in to a sh1tter. Doesn't bode well for the future

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Weathering wrote: »

seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭junior_apollo

Weathering wrote: »
    FatherLen wrote: »
    seriously?

Yeah, come on Weathering!... you have got to be sh!tting me... :eek: