Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-Teaching Experience

Options
  • 13-04-2015 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

Good evening all,

I am a fully qualified adult education teacher and I received a form today from my employer (an ETB) about filling out a form about incremental credit for non-teaching experience.

I am just wondering what the meaning of non-teaching experience is as there is a section for this on the form (Dates worked, name and address of business, have you received credit in respect of this service)? I worked in retail and financial services in the past and also have some volunteer work I take part in. Would this qualify and does it have to be full time work?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Anything-relevant to your job or just showing you can do hard graft

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Thanks TheDriver,

They are 4 spaces so I will make sure I fill all the gaps in ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I know someone who carried their experience across from when they worked in an IT as a disability officer (after being in the classroom). I'm not too sure if it was counted for their increments but it counted towards a CID when they went back to teaching.

Advertisement