Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need to find the right projector

• 23-03-2015 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi Guys,
    I recently decided to buy a projector for my living room, the problem is that a whole side of the wall is glass and on the side the sun rises. I don't have any curtains in place as of yet (may take a while to get them), thus it is quite bright in the room. I'm wondering if there is any chance of having a projector work at viewable quality (in daylight) on a wall area (around 15x10 ft) it doesn't have to fill the wall completely but mostly, also I have a preferred place to put the projector (20 ft away) although I realise to view in sunlight the closer the better, if needed I will place it in the best place suitable. About the wall it is of course white, but if a screen is need I am completely willing to get one. Money isn't too much of a issue but it isn't something I can just pick up the best equipment with, if you know what I mean. It would be helpful if you can advise me on the correct quipment to buy for my situation.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

I'd say your best bet is to head over the AV Forums and ask there. It's a very active community especially around the projectors.

https://www.avforums.com/forums/projectors.43/

Off hand you're looking for something with high lumens and I'd recommend getting a screen with a high gain. Conversely you'll probably need a grey screen so the blacks don't look so washed out in such a bright room.

Honestly spending a grand on curtains will save you grand looking for a high spec screen and powerful projector. My room is quite bright and I'm using a Draper ReAct 2.1 screen which is grey and a gain of 1.0. I have to say its a great screen but to buy new is crazy money (I got mine second hand with imperfections).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,304 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

When getting curtains, have "blackout curtains" sewn into them. It's heavy material, and ensure no light gets in; b****** neighbours powerful light used to annoy the f*** out of me if when it went on at 4am, but doesn't affect me now. Heck, room can be fairly dark 12 noon (great when hungover) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Henmistro

Thanks for that lads, I'll be sure to look into it and see what I can find. With the curtains it seems that they will help and the same with that grey screen I don't think I've heard of it.

Advertisement