Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2G sim card for car tracker

Options
  • 15-04-2015 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭

Installed one of these GPS Car Trackers on my car years ago and it has worked flawlessly since.

Purchased another one for a friend but I'm finding it impossible to locate a 2G sim card. Does anyone know where I might get one.

We tried a micro sim with an adaptor but it doesn't recognise the sim as the chip is slightly different in size. We also got a large sim from 3 and they disabled 3G/4G traffic but now the device only picks up signal outside of Dublin! :confused:

Comments

Did you get sorted mate? I'm looking for a 2G sim for one of these. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭fletch

Yes in the end, picked up a standard sim from Lyca and it worked no bother

So you just paid a fiver for the 1GB data yes? Pay a fiver, get a fiver bonus credit, buy the 1GB data and you're set? Surely I wouldn't need one of the bundles with talk time or texts (I'll be tracking it on my computer).

I know you have a different device but I should think it's the same kind of thing.

Advertisement