Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsure about moving to Tesco Mobile

Options
  • 10-04-2015 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

My contract is up with meteor(4g). Cant decided to stay with them or move to Tesco mobile.

Tesco doesnt have 4G which is a big negative, but is 10euro a month cheaper on a 24month contract, with more minutes, text and data (3g). The phone is offered for free with each.

What are 3g speeds like on tesco mobile in Dublin/Limerick? The rep said no plans for 4g in immediate future :-(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Tesco don't have their own network and their customers suffered along with 3/O2 when their network went down this week. Personally wouldn't go near them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

athtrasna wrote: »
    Tesco don't have their own network and their customers suffered along with 3/O2 when their network went down this week. Personally wouldn't go near them

I wouldn't not consider them because of one outage, all networks have problems at some stage. If the Op can save a large amount over the contract then its worth considering in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

athtrasna wrote: »

So basing on that post you wouldnt go near o2 or 3 either? :rolleyes: leaves voda-meteor and 48
    Have had tesco mobile over a year. well worth it. the money I have saved has allowed me to purchase my phone outright, so saving even more money. I dont need 4g as i use wifi mainly. It suits me and I have saved a lot more money than I thought. Sim free and outright buying of the phone for me in future.:P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

daytob wrote: »
    So basing on that post you wouldnt go near o2 or 3 either? :rolleyes: leaves voda-meteor and 48

What network do 48 use...... :p

o2

Advertisement