Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was that advert?

Options
  • 04-05-2014 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭

Old age catching up with me and I need somebody with a memory still intact.
    What was the advert for years ago when they said "grand cake Nora" and " and your cakes weren't up to scratch either"?
    It came into my mind this morning and I just can't remember what it was for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

:( I can't remember either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Power Gear

Gateaux Cakes I think and featured Tom Riordan (actor John Cowley) from the Riordans – the other part of the catch phrase was “you can’t beat your own milk and eggs”.

Power Gear wrote: »
    Gateaux Cakes I think and featured Tom Riordan (actor John Cowley) from the Riordans – the other part of the catch phrase was “you can’t beat your own milk and eggs”.

You're probably right. My hubby asked was it something to do with The Riordans.

I can't find the ad anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭donalh087

I think Odlums flour?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Pretty sure it was "Fine cake Nora"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

But the actress playing Tom Riordan's wife wasn't the lady in The Riordans (Moira Deady),causing much speculation that Tom was getting his cake in two places.

Mod

Moved to All Things Retro.

cml387 wrote: »
    But the actress playing Tom Riordan's wife wasn't the lady in The Riordans (Moira Deady),causing much speculation that Tom was getting his cake in two places.

Wasn't he married to the lady who played "Minnie"?

Anyway, back to Grand Cake Nora..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

That's it. Many thanks!

Now if someone could find the ad, that'd be nice :)

• Advertisement

did you steal that from here? ::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭donalh087

Shock horror, someone copies and pastes on tinternet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Old age catching up with me and I need somebody with a memory still intact.
    What was the advert for years ago when they said "grand cake Nora" and " and your cakes weren't up to scratch either"?
    It came into my mind this morning and I just can't remember what it was for.

Pretty sure it was for Stork Margarine

21/25

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

uch wrote: »
    Pretty sure it was for Stork Margarine

Was it the one where the old woman very slowly and deliberatly says "the secret of good pastry is....." leaving a pause before her adult daughter comes in with "Stork!" ?.

Advertisement