Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rude postcards.

Options
  • 06-04-2014 7:51am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭

Anyone remember that "Expose Yourself To Ireland" postcard with yer man flashing at a herd of cows in a field."Bumming Around Ireland" was another with a hitchhiker who was in the nude or had no trousers,can't rightly remember.You saw them a lot in the 80s and into the 90s but have't seen them in years.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Since the internet few people send postcards anymore but I remember the cards you refer to and there were some crackers.

$T2eC16RHJHsFGlBh-bRfBS(t1FK5y!~~60_35.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

darkdubh wrote: »
    Anyone remember that "Expose Yourself To Ireland" postcard with yer man flashing at a herd of cows in a field.

Yup remember it well. I have it at home somewhere.

This is it. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

One of our local pubs used to have loads of cheeky postcards stuck up behind the bar.As well as the two I've mentioned there was the "Greetings From London" one with two punks giving the finger.That was another popular one back in the day.

Edit:This is it.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/GREETINGS-FROM-LONDON-Punk-Rock-Postcards-4-Uncirculated-WHITEWAY-W-115-/00/s/MTQyMFg4MTE=/z/f9AAAMXQQANRFV1r/$T2eC16R,!)kE9s4Z+lW-BRFV1qg(,!~~60_35.JPG

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Came across this link about the aforementioned series.The "bumming " one was a bit weird.Why was this guy standing on lonely country roads exposing himself to startled farmers?The last comment on the bottom of the page regarding this one made me smile.

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2012/12/13/irish-postcard-mirth-1980s/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I used to send postcards to work with a picture of the biggest of tits possible

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

There was the famous seaside ones as well. They must have been written by whoever wrote the Carry on film scripts. The best I remember was one of a surgeon and nurses around a patient on the operating table and the surgeon shouting " No Nurse, I said remove his spectacles"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    There was the famous seaside ones as well. They must have been written by whoever wrote the Carry on film scripts. The best I remember was one of a surgeon and nurses around a patient on the operating table and the surgeon shouting " No Nurse, I said remove his spectacles"

Ha ha,a shop near us had those as well.One that I remember had a doctor ushering a pregnant young woman into his examination room and he was saying to her sheepish looking boyfriend "You see,one little prick can cause quite a swelling".

Advertisement