Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Curry Chips' crisps

Options
  • 04-04-2014 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Well, more of a corn snack than crisps but does anybody remember these?

completely forgot about them until I tried tesco brand curry sauce in a squeezy bottle. tastes IDENTICAL.

They were lower end 10p crisps throughout the 90s. popular with ice cream vans and kids discos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

Yup! White packaging and a mildly racist picture of a rural chinese person on the wrapper as far as I remember. Like curry chip sticks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

I remember a curry crisp and they were like Chipsticks except curry flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

One of my all time favourites. I've longed for these for the past 15 years

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

can still be got across the border. lovely... regularly indulge when I'm up...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭anewme

i remember another type of crisps that were out at the time, I think they were called fish n chips or something like that and they had little fish in them (salt n vinegar flavour) You could literally suck the vinegar out of them........Yum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 CosmoJoe90

Intox wrote: »
    Well, more of a corn snack than crisps but does anybody remember these?

completely forgot about them until I tried tesco brand curry sauce in a squeezy bottle. tastes IDENTICAL.

They were lower end 10p crisps throughout the 90s. popular with ice cream vans and kids discos

Been searching for info on this for years! Anyone have a picture? And possibly somewhere to get these nowadays?

No idea but I did notice that Hunky Dorys have curry chip and salt n vinegar chip crisps out now.

Tried the salt n vinegar and I liked them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭George White

Mccoy's too

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Mr. Tayto was in my local supermarket earlier today where his helpers were offering samples of four new flavours - Spice Bag, Sunday Roast, Breakfast Roll and Curry Sauce. You can vote for your favourite on their website and it will appear as a limited edition later this year. You know what you need to do...

Zaph wrote: »
    Mr. Tayto was in my local supermarket earlier today where his helpers were offering samples of four new flavours - Spice Bag, Sunday Roast, Breakfast Roll and Curry Sauce. You can vote for your favourite on their website and it will appear as a limited edition later this year. You know what you need to do...

Wow did you taste them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I didn't, tbh none of the flavours particularly appeal to me so I didn't bother going over to the stand.

Zaph wrote: »
    I didn't, tbh none of the flavours particularly appeal to me so I didn't bother going over to the stand.

I’d love to try all of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

anewme wrote: »
    I’d love to try all of them!

^^

same as..

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Advertisement