Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

draught seal for external door

Options
  • 06-05-2013 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭

Can anyone advise where i can buy the aforementioned.i don't want the generic seal you can buy.this looks like a special seal that actually sits in a groove in the door.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

can you post some more pics of the door and can you include a pic of the hinges.it looks like a munster joinery door but i will be sure when i see the hinges

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

massy086 wrote: »
    can you post some more pics of the door and can you include a pic of the hinges.it looks like a munster joinery door but i will be sure when i see the hinges

Ok i think you're correct...here goes

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Looks like virtually the same door I have which is from Munster Joinery. Give them a call and they'll sell you a length of the seal to cut to length yourself. I did mine last year .. made a huge difference as the old one was torn in places and also had been varnished a couple of times making it less flexible and therefore not sealing properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭dathi

Can anyone advise where i can buy the aforementioned.i don't want the generic seal you can buy.this looks like a special seal that actually sits in a groove in the door.

pm sent

yes defo munster joinery door as alun said give them a call and the will sell you the rubber

• Advertisement

massy086 wrote: »
    yes defo munster joinery door as alun said give them a call and the will sell you the rubber

Ordered.....bloody expensive !
    Thanks for the help folks

Ordered.....bloody expensive !
    Thanks for the help folks
    how much and where did u order from???

Actually ordered it there today from MJ ...50 squids ...feck it has to be done.
    I'm going to paint the door first and then put the new rubber on. . I have two doors and 2 frames to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Yes, it is a bit pricey. The strip I was sent was also a slightly different design to what was on there before, but I'd say it's an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

I did this years ago with silicone and to this day is working perfect

• Advertisement
Advertisement