Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound dropping out of RDP sessions???

Options
  • 17-04-2015 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am having an issue with the following:

• MS SERVER 2008 (32 bit)
    • WIN 7 (32 bit) clients
    The server is built/licensed as a Terminal Server and the clients run an instance of a program installed on the Server over RDP.

Everything works fine but after say 5 or 6 days sound no longer works on the RDP session on the clients?

If I minimise the RDP session and test sound locally on windows the sound is fine, but within the RDP session it no longer works?
    It takes a restart of the RDP session to get sound back?

again everything works fine for a few day then out of the blue some RDP sessions lose their sound?

What I have done to date:
    1. updated all OS on Server and WIN7 clients with latest MS updates/patched
    2. checked that sound is to play locally on the RDP setups
    3. checked sound is not disabled for RDP sessions within Terminal services
    4. checked all sleep/hibernation settings on Server and WIN7 clients are set to off
    5. checked Event viewers but nothing there to show any malfunction

Sound is absolutely critical on the application being ran on the clients over RDP, and I am at my wits end as to what is causing the sound to just drop out after a few days?

any ideas folks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Ctrl Alt Del

Hi,

I did it some long ago-ish...
    There is a way of setting the application to run in the Remote Desktop environment but actually starting-up from the local shortcut using a wizard !

Can't remember how i did it ,i will look back trough my papers...

Good luck...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Hi,

I did it some long ago-ish...
    There is a way of setting the application to run in the Remote Desktop environment but actually starting-up from the local shortcut using a wizard !

Can't remember how i did it ,i will look back trough my papers...

Good luck...

any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Ctrl Alt Del

Bump.

Hi,

Where are you based ?
    I can assist you with a free of charge call out,as been a "boardsie" member, in to your site or client site if you around Dublin .

Just wanna run few health checks if that's ok with you...

Regards

Advertisement